Blooze 90 owners favorite amps

Reaction score
I find my 90 sounds good thru almost anything but it seems to bring out the best in my cheap little Vox Valvetronix 30. :)
I'd like to hear about other owners favorite combinations...

nochance

Reaction score
seriously, I've yet to find anything it doesn't sound great through. From cheap practice amps by Behringer and Drive, to my current resident amps - a Vox AD120VTH and Reverend Goblin..

But I do think you may be on to something with the Vox Valvtronix series.. that guitar seems to hit that pre-amp just right and it becomes hard to not get a good tone out of it with the combo.

Unless you're into the big metal thing... but then why would you be playing a Blues 90?

Squawk

Reaction score
My all-purpose amp for electrics these days is my Fender Vibrolux Custom. It is a perfect mate for the Blues 90 as it overdrives quicker than most "vintage" Fender tube amps, but you can control it easily by lowering the volume pots on your guitar. The blues sound I get at practice volume - like #2 - with my Blues 90 at full volume, full tone, neck pup only, a little reverb - is fantastic.

BTW, this model and other Fender tube amps (not sure if all) have 5 year transferable warranties. I bought mine open-box on ebay - still have some time on the warranty (never needed it). Not sure if Fender still makes this one, but it is a redesign of the original Vibrolux, 2-10s, 40 watts (sounds much louder). One notable difference from the original 60s blackface Fenders is that the reverb and vibrato work on both the normal and bright channels.

Reaction score
I also find that I usually run my blooze with the vol's around 6 and the bridge pup tone rolled off a bit.
These are just such great guitars for the price or even twice the price :lol:

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll vote for a Guild Superstar

I'm real fond of my Guild Superstar amp.. I love it with a Blues 90, or my Starfire. I believe this amp is similar to a fender vibroverb. I now have 2 of these one with the stock 15 inch speaker and one with a ev sro 15 inch speaker. To my ears the ev is much better with a very nicely defined high frequency responce.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be a compulsive Guild junkie, but a Guild thunder one with two speakers is a lot like a Fender twin for one third the price. (The thunder one on ebay now is way over priced). Thunder ones have a tremelo that's a contraction for "tremendous yet mellow" and the revoib originates on Mars and is piped in through the bowels of the earth and then into your amp with secret magnets that polarize your bone marrow and paralyze your hair follicles

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
So DH tell me about the Guild Thunder. Is that still in production?
Is it a tube amp? How many watts? Master volume?
Benee