Philly Show

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
Went to the Philly Guitar Show Sunday, Cindy's last request before she moves to Cleveland. I was looking for Guild's, and there weren't too many. Mostly D-25's in the $650-850 range and D 55's. Then some D-55's, most Westerly but a couple Tacoma. It seemed that the exhibitors were either mon and pop home-based hobby shops, or big dealerships. Jay the GuildGuy had by far the biggest selection of Guilds.

Another guy had a D-55, a D-44, and a F(?)312. I know I have seen that 312 on Ebay because it has a big chip missing out of the soundhole. So I don't know if he was the buyer or seller and it didn't move.

This is hard to say, but we asked one guy to play his D-25, priced at $750, then a mahoghany Martin (1946 D-18) priced at $6500. Cindy, who has no ear, told me that the Martin was way better, although maybe not $6000 better.

So I am still looking for a magical archback D-25...don't know when or where I will find it, but guessing from previous conversations with you folk, it is out there somewhere.

CK