Neck Reset D-35NT

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum. Looks like a great place.

I've got a 1978 D-35NT and it needs a reset. High action and almost no saddle left. Just curious if anyone here has had a reset on one of these and if so, how did it go. I had a guy who does mostly Martins refuse to do it on my Guild. He said they were on his thanks but no thanks list. He said mainly because the finish is so heavy at the neck joint that its hard to do a clean job.

Any info appreciated. Thanks

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Sorry Pug, never had one. Welcome to the sight! Someone will give you an answer here shortly, but I had to ask....What is a pug and how do you herd them? :p

Glad to have you,
West

dklsplace

Reaction score
At least one of our members here does Guild neck resets regularly. I do my own 'cause I can & it saves me $$$, but I've never taken on a reset for a customer.

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Sorry Pug, never had one. Welcome to the sight! Someone will give you an answer here shortly, but I had to ask....What is a pug and how do you herd them? :p

Glad to have you,
West

[img:640:480]http://members.cox.net/michael_k/DSC01680.JPG[/img]

Pour a jar of marbles on your driveway and try to herd them, then you will have the picture. They are quite possibly the most stubborn dogs on earth. That look they are displaying in the pic is the look you'll most likely get when you give them a command...and what you commanded will NOT follow. :D But they are great fun, nevertheless.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Shucks West, I knew what pugherder was immediately. My Grandma had a Pug named "Patsy". Adorable little dog, smart, lots of personality, totally useless. I don't think they can even swim,

But this thread is about neck resets:

There is a basket case 1957 F30 on ebay, last time I looked it was going for 150.00 or so. It's pretty rough.

I am intrigued by this guitar as it is advertised as having maple sides & back. I suspect maple plywood, like my 57 F20. Should it have the same sound qualities it just might be a special F30

Buying the guitar for maybe $250 and paying another $500 plus to have it repaired doesn't pencil out.

However, I am a fairly accomplished woodworker and am considering learning on this F30.

Anyone have advice for reference material.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Now I know, pugs are those little dogs that look just like Marty Feldman...you know the Eyegore on Young Frankenstein!

I like dogs too Pug. I've got a Yellow Labrador and a Beagle. Neither of them follow commands too well either. I train Labs for duck hunting and the one I have now was real bad about retieving decoys. My brother used to tell me, "Hey man, don't get mad...think of how much work he's saving us at the end of the hunt!"

West