Got One For You Darryl

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Too bad the vendor doesn't offer a Buy it Now 'cause at that price I would say that's a real good deal. As it is that guitar is prolly gonna get up into the 1300 range.( if not more )
Benee

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I think it is. What do you think? The sides appear to be more figured, which leads me to suspect that the back isn't Braz. But my guess is that the back is Braz from a different plank.

What dou the rest of you think? Let's hear from you. "Come on everybody." --Eddie Cochran.

I looked Dino up on the net, and what an incredible life. Grew up in the carnival. His dad ran burlesque shows. Very sad. I get the feeling that Dino just never belonged anywhere and never had any real human connections. My guess is that he died young because he blew his brains out with drugs. imho my generation's biggest effect on America was to spread the use of drugs. (I'm 57.) I look at my dad's generation, especially today, and I can't believe that the self-disciplined people of the WW2 era raised the self-centered brats of the me generation. I can't imagine what it would be like for my uncles to come back and see the likes of Michael Jackson.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Darryl,

Based on the grain, it certainly looks Brazilian to me. The thing that throws me is that the wood appears to be a little lighter in color than what I understand to be the dark color of Brazilian. I couldn't swear to what wood it is.

West

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
When I cruised the net for pics of Braz a few months ago, I saw a couple of examples of Braz that looked light like that. Also, ebayers often overexpose dark wood to make it look lighter than it really is