K. T. Tunstall

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen KT Tunstall's cable performances. She's a cute little Brit, performing solo. She uses a Humminbird & some kind of loop electronics.

Pretty much picking the top off the Gibson puttin in rythyms & harmoinies live. It's refreshingly different from the normal cable offerings. I saw her some months back & now she's got a hit on the radio; "Black Horse in a Cherry Tree".

Comcast has a performance and interview in their Concert section.

You guys that play for a living will probably like her. Talented and darn smart.

I hope she does well, Cher has stopped answering my letters & I'm lookin for new love.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
"Brit" may include everyone from the British Isles, but to me she is Scotish! I have her new CD with "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree", and she is quite good.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Down Jeff, down boy. I'll have to check her out......I mean listen to her! Settle down Jeff!

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I apologize for the faux paux on Little KT's nationality. International Sensitivity was not one of my strong subjects.

You are aware, by now, I am not likely ever to be selected for service in the diplomatic corps.

If it's Scot she is it's a fine thing.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie

The Redhead has made it perfectly clear where I stand if I should ever decide to sample greener grass.

Top of the list: I should not plan on playing many team sports afterwards
as I will be bringing no balls to any of the games.

Blackfire

Reaction score
A Girl and a Starfire

If you haven't discovered already, you all may be interested to know that KT Tunstall does her recording using a 67 Guild Starfire III. Here is a link to an interview she gave to Guitar Player Magazine: http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?storyCode=13995

I have yet to find any concert video in which she is shown playing the Starfire. Since she describes placing a microphone in the f hole to make a recording, I expect she has trouble with the Starfire using a stage sound system. I did find a black and white photo of her playing the Starfire. Rather than refer to her as a Brit, I think of her as more of a Skottish imp. She looks great in the Black Horse and Cherry Tree video: http://www.myspace.com/kttunstall

The girl can handle a Starfire; I think I'm in love.

KT_Starfire.jpg

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
She looks great in the Black Horse and Cherry Tree video

That's the one!! Short little skirt & tall boots, just picking the paint right off a Gibson.

From the sound of her playing the Starfire I'd guess it might be gettin a little playwear as well.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Aye, she's a Scot all right.

My old roommate (of Scottish descent) used to recite, "Pity the man who hears the pipes and isn't a Scot!" Unless, of course they are Guild bagpipes! Then everyone would love them! :D

Blackfire

Reaction score
Success

With the help of the folks at the official KT Tunstall Fan Board, I was able to track down some images of the girl and her Starfire. I also found a link at YouTube with a video of her playing the Starfire on Suddenly I See. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWZDnpb1UA

ktsmall.jpg

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
KT Tunstall on with Regis this Morning 9:00 PDT.

The Redhead found this in the paper this morning

Live with Regis and Kelly," 9 a.m., ABC: Julianne Moore; Brad Garrett; KT Tunstall performs
KT Tunstall is on with Regis Philbun this moprning.

It's a real sacrifice to watch this ridiculous program but might be worth it this one time.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
KT Tunstall on with Regis this Morning 9:00 PDT.

The Redhead found this in the paper this morning

Live with Regis and Kelly," 9 a.m., ABC: Julianne Moore; Brad Garrett; KT Tunstall performs
KT Tunstall is on with Regis Philbun this moprning.

It's a real sacrifice to watch this ridiculous program but might be worth it this one time.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ahh, my partner has set the TV to record the episode, so we can edit the nonsense & commercials.

I'm a lucky man I tell ya.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ahh, my partner has set the TV to record the episode, so we can edit the nonsense & commercials.

I'm a lucky man I tell ya.