Guild warrantee work?

Reaction score
Hello folks, I guess this is my first post here. My Bluesbird is my favorite electric guitar, hands down, and has never given me any trouble until recently when it developed a crack in the neck binding. The binding actually started to separate from the neck just by the first fret.

Anyhow, the store where I bought the guitar new sent it to Guild Repair in Nashville, TN, as this work will be covered under warrantee. The shop owner assured me that they do good work there and I'll be happy with the results, but I must confess I'm a little concerned.

I could see how this job could easily be botched, and I am concerned about the cosmetic aspect of the work. Other than the crack in the binding, the guitar is just about perfectly immaculate and I don't want it to come back with binding of a different color, etc. Do any of you have experience with getting work done by these people? Do I need to worry?

Thanks,

Pablo

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pablo said:
Hello folks, I guess this is my first post here. My Bluesbird is my favorite electric guitar, hands down, and has never given me any trouble until recently when it developed a crack in the neck binding. The binding actually started to separate from the neck just by the first fret.

Anyhow, the store where I bought the guitar new sent it to Guild Repair in Nashville, TN, as this work will be covered under warrantee. The shop owner assured me that they do good work there and I'll be happy with the results, but I must confess I'm a little concerned.

I could see how this job could easily be botched, and I am concerned about the cosmetic aspect of the work. Other than the crack in the binding, the guitar is just about perfectly immaculate and I don't want it to come back with binding of a different color, etc. Do any of you have experience with getting work done by these people? Do I need to worry?

Thanks,

Pablo

Hello Pablo,

No need to worry! I have been at that facility many times and there are several people working there who I would trust with jobs much more complicated than the work you've described. Sit back and relax!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
No need to worry! I have been at that facility many times and there are several people working there who I would trust with jobs much more complicated than the work you've described. Sit back and relax!

Thanks Hans, that's reassuring. I'll post again when the Bluesbird comes back.

Pablo

Reaction score
I should've posted this sooner. Not only did I get my Bluesbird back two weeks earlier than the dealer had projected, but those folks in Nashville did a super job! Not only was their work clean, but I'm pretty sure they did a setup and, if I'm not mistaken, even changed the strings. I couldn't be happier.

Reaction score
I should've posted this sooner. Not only did I get my Bluesbird back two weeks earlier than the dealer had projected, but those folks in Nashville did a super job! Not only was their work clean, but I'm pretty sure they did a setup and, if I'm not mistaken, even changed the strings. I couldn't be happier.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pablo said:

....... and I'm happy to hear it all turned out fine!

Cheers!

Hans

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pablo said:

....... and I'm happy to hear it all turned out fine!

Cheers!

Hans