Dolly Parton

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen Dolly lately. Man oh man, Hooters from Hoboken and a real nice shape, specially for a Senior citizen.

But criminy, she's startin to look like Michael Jackson. Suppose they use the same Dr? What do you suppose she looks like in the rain.

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Shame on you Jeff. Ridiculing Dolly Parton. Jeesh man get a grip will ya.
Benee Wafers

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bene

I like Dolly, actually I have season tickets to Dollywood. Figured on stopping by on the way to Nashville.

I am just concerned should I take the grandkids out walking & run in to Dolly on a bad day it might scare them.

It's a legitimate issue & I'm sure Dolly would understand.

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Running into Dolly would be the dream come true. Trouble is would you be able to wedge them out!
BW

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
years ago I saw Dolly on Johnny Carson with some castinet player from Spain. He commented that in Spain, he would get a beautiful woman to warm the castinets between her breasts before he performed, he asked Dolly if she would do that for him. Johnny said "Holy cow, man, if she puts 'em in there you'll have to retrieve them with tongs!"

I love Dolly, she's cute and great personality, but I can't stand her voice :x

Whoever decided she should record "Stairway to Heaven" should be convicted of something...

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dolly's the real deal, For a Lady with a Vocal range a bit less than an octave she's done allright.

Funny, I don't have any of her records.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
drednut said:
years ago I saw Dolly on Johnny Carson ......

You didn't mention her visit on Carson when he asked her if she ever went jogging. She laughed real big and said,"Why honey I would black both my eyes!!"

Neither Johhny nor Ed could speak for so long the producer just went to commercial!! :oops:

I saw her once in the Nashville airport. It was interesting, people were comming off a commercial flight with their "Anvil Case" briefcases and such when suddenly everybody stopped and parted like the Red Sea and she came prissing through with that Giant smile. It was like she was "God" to those people. Made me smile.

I had one other brush with her. In 1977 I went to the Audio Engineering Society convention in LA. While there we visited a mobile recording studio in the Holliwood Hills called The Enactron Truck. While talking with one of the engineers he gave me a picture that was taken of him after the "Trio" album was recorded. He was in the back center with Emmy Lou Harris to his left, Linda Rhonstadt on his right and Dolly in front with one of the Hippy gauze type blouses with no Bra!!!!!! :wink:

I was speachless for months. :roll:

Of course somewhere down the line somebody lifted that photo, so all I have is my fading memory! :evil: