Guildaphiles to the rescue!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
hey, leave 'em alone - more vintage Guilds at great prices for we who know better 8)

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
drednut said:
hey, leave 'em alone - more vintage Guilds at great prices for we who know better 8)
Here, Here!! The general public is mostly Lame anyway!! :roll:

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
I can't believe those results. It's crazy. But you know when you get a consensus of quite a number of guitarists you can be, IMO, fairly certain that the consensus is right.
Benee Wafers

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Benee,

I can't help but wonder how many of those people have never heard of Westerly Guild, let alone played them.

West

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Well you're right but they didn't specify what era of the lines so one presumes present day models right.
If the Guild Westerly hay day was the 70's then I guess you'd have to a/b Taylors and Martins of the same era.
Right now Guilders have their backs to the wall 'cause well how good were, in comparison to modern day Taylors and Martins, Hobokens?
Coronas are ( apparently) a crap shoot and Tacoma built Guilds, well I guess the verdict is still out but I suspect not as good as Westerlys.
You know I suspect you guys would say that the Westerly Guilds are the best guitars ever made in the history of guitardom.
Anyway the whole issue is becoming tiresome. Sorry.
Benee

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Benee,

I NEVER tire of talking and hearing about the greatest guitars in history! In fact, that's why I come here. :)

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Obviously the poll in question has some issues. Most noticeably, some 34% of those polled prefer the Taylor.

What's with that? I must have missed picking a good Taylor, cuz the ones I have played, acoustically were not a good value.

Criminy, there are thousands of used Taylors for sale, truckloads, guys gettin rid em. Not one bit difficult to find a used Taylor. How the devil they keep the prices up I don't understand.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I think audio, visual, and tactile preference varies from person to person because ears, eyes, and hands do. If that's true, then there is no right and wrong in these popularity contests. On the other hand, I think a lot of people follow the crowd and not their ears, eyes, or hands (or finances). I'd like to see a lot of those people tell the difference blindfolded.

Anyway, the AGF was started by Taylor, so asking them is like asking only Democraps or Republicruds but not both if Hillary ought to be President (again).

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see a Gibson Hummingbird included.

I betcha the Martins & Taylors would take some licks.

Those Birds are nice guitars and appeal to a lot of players. Spendy, new or used.

Someone ever decides to give me one, I'm probably going to accept.