F20 Mandolin killer.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've been messing around with a capo on the 4th fret of my F20.

I swear if I was any good that little git would do some really cool mandolin parts. It's not half bad as it is.

john_kidder

Reaction score
I just spent a weekend with friends - mostly I played my M-20, which I have "high-strung" - the bottom E, A, D, aND G are the treble strings of a 12-string set. It works beautifully for fills and breaks, with a sound that's a little reminiscent of a mandolin. A great compliment to the other guitars, and it seems to maximize the sound of the small body. Sure fun for me, many compliments from others. Never had so many direct requests to play a break.

Cheers

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
John,

Never heard the term High stringing, before. I'm gonna try it the next string change. Never expected the Guild gang to be such innovative rebels.

Your idea is probably better that all those amps hooked up together in another discussion thread.

Hot Little guitars are just a bunch of fun.

john_kidder

Reaction score
Sometimes it's called "Nashville Tuning". Don't know which is more fitting.

Odd that two people I've recently met who call it "high-strung" both call a Major 7 chord a "Natural": e.g. "GMaj7" is "G natural". They're both sort of bluegrassy/gospely types - does anyone have any idea of the derivation of this?