questions about F30

Reaction score
this is one of those once in a lifetime things that never happens to me...except this time it did...

a friend and i were at goodwill the other day to pick up some gag gifts for a coworker...as we were getting ready to leave i noticed a woman pushing a shopping cart out of the back...i saw the neck & headstock of a guitar sticking out of it...i am looking for an inexpensive guitar that i can take to the coffeeshop, camping, etc...so i went over to take a look...

once she unloaded it, i picked up and you can probably imagine my surprise as i saw the guild logo on the headstock...speechless...except for the unintelligible babbling and trying to control the drool...

examining the body, it looks great except for the bridge has pulled up slightly and a slight "belly bulge"...also the top layer of the headstock and a little of the inlay is pulling up...

my jaw dropped even further when i saw the price tag said "$9.99"...needless to say, it is now mine...

i have heard of guild guitars before...even played a few in the store, but i don't know much about them...here's what i know about this one:

it is an F30...dark sunburst finish (i don't know the proper name for it)...serial number is 10414 (both on label inside and stamped into back of the headstock)...label says it is from new jersey...

any more information about this guitar would be greatly appreciated...and if anyone knows where to track down a case for it, that would be very helpful as it is an unusual body shape...

my guitar guy says the repairs shouldn't be too expensive and he has done some great work for me in the past...i can't wait to actually be able to play it!!!

thanks,
joey

Reaction score
:D Sounds like a find. The kind I dream about but never finding. Enjoy that Guild. Hans may be able to date it for you.

dklsplace

Reaction score
It's crap........I'll give you $50 for it. :lol:

Seriously, that's an amazing story that everyone of us here pray would happen to us!

Guild's dating table would put that in the 1959 era, but Hans has much better records & should be able to pin that one down for you.

Congrats & welcome aboard!

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
DKLS,

I agree, it is crap. Not the guitar but the finding of an F30 for $9.95,

It's crap because someone else found it & not me. I wish I didn't know, my day is ruined.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
jtulino,

Are you able to sleep nights? That poor little lady, there she was just trying to do a good deed, and you took advantage of the situation!
I would have given her at least $12! I'll give you $51. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Don!

West

Reaction score
:oops: no, no, no :oops: ...she was putting it out for sale in the store...it was already marked for $10...i wouldn't have approached someone dropping it off...

[edit: man, i need to learn to type]

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I'd say.......................na na na na na! :) Congrats on a great find and purchase.

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Jutilino,

I'll tell ya what you can say to make me feel better, Tell me you'll sell me that guitar for 250!!

It's a 59 sunburst right? Two years newer than my F20 sunburst right? See. I would have a matched pair.

I'll get over it. But it hurts.