Neck Radius Gauge - Free for the asking

LQGuitarist

Reaction score
I mentioned in one of my posts that I am a structural engineering consultant in private practice and that I do all my drawing on CAD. Tonight I create a 4" square guage for the following neck and bridge radius checking;
7.25", 9.5", 10", 12", 14", 16" and 20" radius curvatures
I saved it in a PDF format which can be printed and cut out. I made it similar to the one in the Stewart MacDonald catalog - each has four sides with a different radius. I made a the template with 1-inch of the corners marked so you can clip them off (works well on pickup setup).
Since I don't use them for a living, and did not want to spend nearly $30 to order them on thin stock steel, they can be printed on a heavy paper or card stock and then cut out and used as you need them. The arc's are accurate since they are drawn on AutoCAD.
I don't know if the forum allows posting, but if anyone wants a free copy of the PDF drawings (8 1/2 x 11 standard paper print) they just need to let me know or to ask the forum administrator if he would mind posting them for download. I'm going to make some others for checking the curvature of the saddle from below the strings. This will be ready probably tomorrow since I want to set up my guitar and don't want to take time away from working to create the drawing templates.
It is a decent tool even if you only print it on a 25 pound paper and use it once and thow it away. You can print them each time you need to do any setup work on your guitars or paste them on a heavier card stock for longer wear..
Let us know on the forum if there is anyone who wants one and if the message is moderated, maybe the forum administrator can tell me how best to make it avilable to you (Ah! possibly posting it on my website and ceating a download URL link).

Thanks