Candy bar commercial

Jim W

Reaction score
Has anybody seen the candy bar commercial with the lefty gent playing a righty Guild flipped over?

Curious what model it is.

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Sorry Jim I have to apologize on behalf of the board for Darryl.
When he's on his meds he's fine but if he goes without he thinks he's Jerry Lewis :roll:
If any of us see that commercial we may be able to identify it. It all depends on which one of us is allowed to watch tv at any given time.
Benee Wafers

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Which med would that be Darryl. I think I take 1 med for each decade I am old! :(

West

Reaction score
What me worry?

OK - If only to inject some reason into this strain....Jim, I've seen the commercial - two variations. One the guy sings with a young man eating the candy bar and the other he's by himself. It's definitely a Guild (D-55?) - hard to tell the model, but the headstock on the single commercial seems to have some sort of change/masking to distort the Guild name. I'm sure they figure if they're going to feature Guild - Guild would have to pay. Strange commercial...but it IS a Guild. :wink: dbs

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I finally saw the commercial last night. I had a little trouble figuring out if he was even really playing. The Guild looks like it is strung normally for a right-handed guitar, so, since it was upside down I couldn't make out if he was playing his chords upside down or was just faking the whole thing.
Interestingly, I cannot for the life of me remember what product they were pushing.

Guildmark

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I finally saw the commercial last night. I had a little trouble figuring out if he was even really playing. The Guild looks like it is strung normally for a right-handed guitar, so, since it was upside down I couldn't make out if he was playing his chords upside down or was just faking the whole thing.
Interestingly, I cannot for the life of me remember what product they were pushing.

Guildmark

HoboKen

Reaction score
I saw the commercial.......it is a Guild dreadnought, but with the Chesterfield headstock instead of the "G" Crest logo. That rules out it being a D-55 or 65, etc. My guess is that its a newer, bit not new this year GAD Guild.

Speaking of meds.......heavens! I'm on arthritus and now for awhile vertigo meds and even with that I can see better than some I guess.
But then I'm dane-bramaged to begin with.......

HoboKen

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Good to see you up and writing again Ken. You know, the good thing about meds is that it sure beats not taking them.

Just to help you feel a little better, my D55 has some minor problems too. I got such a good deal on it, I'm not raising a ruckus about it though. Played my new, old DV73 at a get together last weekend, and man what a dread, it's sound absolutely matches it's beauty. It helps me feel better about the D55. The 55 sounds awesome too though.

Take care of yourself,
West

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
HoboKen said:
But then I'm dane-bramaged to begin with.......

HoboKen

Well, remember the old cliche......"If I had known I was going to live THIS long, I would have taken better care of myself!!!" :wink:

Pike

Reaction score
I saw it, seems the headstock letters are covered up with something.