Guild CV-1

dklsplace

Reaction score
Not at all crazy about the headstock inlays. :?

john_kidder

Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Not crazy about the headstock inlays.

No kidding. This is an "American made" Guild, says here. Looks as if a graphic designer got together with a nutty typographer and a designer of kalimbas (African thumb pianos). Is this standard fare on the Tacoma-built Guilds?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I wish I could see this. The small pictures are very grainy and I can't get
them to enlarge. Anyhing else I can do? Can anyone send a better link?

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I Called Willie's, after all, it's a Rosewood small body. They tell me it's 00 size, solid wood, nice neck, US made, didn't know where. They were real busy & couldn't research specifics

The logo is different, not great, maybe a Northwest Coastal Indian take on the graphic. Lettering doesn't appeal to me and the tuners don't look like high end, I may be wrong about the tuners. None of which has anything to do with the the way it plays & sounds.

Darn sure a nice match on the Rosewood, nice looking top. Comes with a lifetime warranty from Fender?

It ain't cheap, $1750. Seeing as they are that proud of it I'm
interested in hearing one. I wish one of you guys would buy this guitar or at least drop in Willie's & give us a review.

Assuming it's a Tacoma built guitar I may go see the fellers there and take a look. Finished painting the garden shed last night so I have the time.

They would probably, for a reasonable fee, custom build one with a proper logo & nice tuners. Wouldn't you think?

Anyone have a name at the Tacoma factory?

The Redhead's already seen it so that process is moving, just in case.
If it's a good one all I would have to do is take her with me to the factory, Beautiful, Bright shiney things are right up there with chocolate on her list.

Yep, that's it, a field trip to the Guild Factory should take care of any issues with the Redhead. You all keep that in mind, you start having trouble with your women, send em out here & I'll take em on a tour of the Factory. I'd consider it my civic duty for the good of the order, be happy to help.

plaidseason

Reaction score
Minus the enhanced "G Shield," the headstock is a dead match for the F30r-ls.

Those tuners look like Waverly or at least something quite similar (I can't actually read what' stamped on them), so they're likely not cheap at all.

Not big on the pickguard, but other than that I think it's quite attractive.

-Chris

F-44
F30r-ls

Bing k

Reaction score
New Guild Contemporary Series

This new series including an F-30 sized guitar the CO-1 and CO-1C and the F-40 body that has been in the Guild line since 1955 the CV-1 and CV-1C.
CO-1
An F-30 size guitar with extremely balanced tone and projection for all playing styles.

CV-1
The F-40 body that has been in the Guild line since 1955, now has new technologies applied within the traditional building methods. A Guild combination of old world guitar building supported by new technology making it a traditionally built guitar with new technology applied for a more open voice.

These guitars feature a futuristic patented Graphite neck block combined with traditional building techniques for exceptional tone, playability, and longevity
making them workhorse instruments with the finesse of a fine handmade instrument. Built to satisfy those seeking an alternative, only at better prices and with more woody tone. Made for players that want roadworthy instruments without compromising sound and playability.
• The cutaway versions feature the new d-Tar¨ WavelengthTM pickup & preamp system with load and lockTM battery access! This new system combines a thin piezo transducer with an 18 volt low-noise, high-input impedance preamp that translates to twice the amount of headroom and dynamic range of a typical 9 volt system. Also, the volume & tone controls are nestled inside the soundhole for easy access. The rest of the pickup system is located in the endpin jack so no loss of tone due to heavy routing on the top side of the guitar.

Squawk

Reaction score
Thanks Bing and FNG for bringing these to our attention.

How come these new USA models don't appear on the Guild website?

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, These guitars are being built in Tacoma?

I would like to play them some before I sent $1450 off to Willie's.

Surely they built more than the one at Willie's. Wonder where they are.

Mo

Reaction score
Squawk said:
..How come these new USA models don't appear on the Guild website?

All the Guild models appear on the website including the new Contemporary series. Looks like the site has been renovated too! http://www.guildguitars.com

I like the contemporary series. It's a good thing that new USA stuff is being built as it shows confidence in the brand.

[img:478:1250]http://www.guildguitars.com/instruments/prod_images/acoustics/3805100821_xl.gif[/img]

[img:487:1250]http://www.guildguitars.com/instruments/prod_images/acoustics/3805000837_xl.gif[/img]

[img:470:1250]http://www.guildguitars.com/instruments/prod_images/acoustics/3806100821_xl.gif[/img]

Squawk

Reaction score
Mo said:
Squawk said:
..How come these new USA models don't appear on the Guild website?

All the Guild models appear on the website including the new Contemporary series. Looks like the site has been renovated too! http://www.guildguitars.com ...

They obviously changed the whole site right after I asked (as I checked it immediately before asking). I keep a separate bookmark for the dating page and that changed too.

Glad to see the traditional dreds are back in force in the USA. While I shouldn't pass judgement on the contemporary series until I actually try one, I must admit the placement of the strap pin on all models - as well as the cutaway and headstock design of the CV-1C - turn me off.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like Guitar Center has picked up Guild. I guess that's good. :lol: At least now maybe we can find some to try out!!

Squawk

Reaction score
FNG said:
Looks like Guitar Center has picked up Guild. I guess that's good. :lol: At least now maybe we can find some to try out!!

Really? When are they starting? I happened to be at the GC in Cherry Hill, NJ last Thursday as I needed 40 minutes to kill before meeting my daughter - there wasn't a single Guild in the store (and that's a B I G store). Did get to try a Martin archtop - nice, but not worth $3K (IMHO).

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Squawk said:
FNG said:

Really? When are they starting? I happened to be at the GC in Cherry Hill, NJ last Thursday as I needed 40 minutes to kill before meeting my daughter - there wasn't a single Guild in the store (and that's a B I G store). Did get to try a Martin archtop - nice, but not worth $3K (IMHO).

I did a dealer search from the updated website, and it had numerous Guitar Centers listed, which it never had before.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Website

They obviously changed the whole site right after I asked (as I checked it immediately before asking). I keep a separate bookmark for the dating page and that changed too.

No kidding, I was all excited about the CV1 & wanted to know more. The Guild site wasn't helping, There was no information available, I guess I could have called 15 or 20 of their dealers listed to see what if anything they knew. I haunt most of their local listed dealers anyway & they had nothing on their websites, I checked.

I'm still very interested in the New Guild Small body guitars, but it isn't because of guild Marketing, that's for darn sure.

Wonder if anybody's listening. I think maybe??

It's nice to have the new info, thank you.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Now in my way of thinking, the Chinese GADS should've gotten the new headstock logo and the Tacoma Guilds should've stuck with the old Made in America looking headstock logo. :roll:

J45dale

Reaction score
After viewing the new Guild web site and seeing all the new offerings. I think Fender is takeing a more forceful stance when it comes to marketing Guild. This is a good thing and about time.
Dale.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I did notice that at the Guild/Fender site they emphasized keeping with the traditional craftmanship that Guild was founded on. Not a quote, but they said something like that. It was somewhere in the "C" series description.

I almost got the impression that they were putting that there for the benefit of most of the guys here at the forum. I must admit, it was good to read.

West