Chet Atkins Style Bigsby Arm...

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Jake The Loafer said:
:?: I was looking at this auction & was wondering if this type of arm would be a direct repacement on my Guild X170T w/ a Guild Bigsby? I was thinking of trying it out only if it dropped right in.

Hello Jake,

Well, 'drop in' would not be the right word but it should slide right on to your Guild Bigsby. Just a matter of loosening and tightening the 'Allen' screw!

Have fun!

Hans Moust

Reaction score
:D Thanks DH, Walt aswered my thread in the other Guild forum & posted a link. It looks cool! I'm thinking one on my X160 Rockabilly instead of the X-70T. I also need a bridge for a wound 3rd for it. Anyone can help me to one woulf be great! I've emailed Hans's on this last part & will wait to see if he has one.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
What do you mean "a bridge for a wound third"? Are there different bridges for wound and unwound thirds? I've been putting wound thirds on all of my guitars for so long that I've even put them on solid bodies because it didn't feel right without them. So I hope I haven't been using the wrong bridges.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bigsby bridges

Darryl Hattenhauer said:
What do you mean "a bridge for a wound third"? Are there different bridges for wound and unwound thirds? I've been putting wound thirds on all of my guitars for so long that I've even put them on solid bodies because it didn't feel right without them. So I hope I haven't been using the wrong bridges.

Hello Darryl,

If you've been using wound 3rd strings on older guitars you probably had the right bridge. The original 'vintage' Bigsby bridges were compensated for wound 3rd strings, so you would only have intonation problems if you used an unwound ( = plain) 3rd string.

Here's a photo that shows both types, with the 'vintage' style at the top and the more recent updated version at the bottom:

[img:850:444]http://www.guitarchives.nl/fotos/BigsbyBridges.jpg[/img]

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Hans. I'm happy to see that all of my bigsbys have the right saddle.

Does the recent one have no string slots because they slot them after they are plated?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Updated Guild bridge

Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Does the recent one have no string slots because they slot them after they are plated?

Yes, they come from the manufacturer unslotted and they are slotted depending on the guitar they will be used on.

Sincerely,

Hans

dklsplace

Reaction score
Jake The Loafer said:
Walt aswered my thread in the other Guild forum & posted a link.

Other......Guild forum??? You're two timing me with someone else???? :shock:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Jake,

Do the have kool pitchurs & spel chek on the other Guild site.

Don't tell DKLS I asked, please.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Jake The Loafer said:
Jeff :) No. Do we have spell ck. here?

No but it's a possible mod for this software. However, the only ones I've found arn't free, or they are the adware types that would try to put a banner add somewhere. Not worth it for that.

If I have something I'm not sure about, I'll copy & paste my text into a Word doc & use that spell checker.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey, as long as ya'll can tolorate me whorrible speling, it's ok by me if we don't hav spel chek!

Wes

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: Second language Darryl. Hell, I even speak some languages people have never heard of! :)

Have a good one,
West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Not unless it's free and easy. None of it is perfect anyway. I just use it as an excuse for seeming so dum.