Americal Idol outrageously discriminating to Geezers

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
[img:319:450]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p69ea528a9a09464fd08f709b14f78b7c/edfc336f.jpg[/img]

The local newspaper is a real rag. They run frequent front page articles on the 'governor's dog. Have been picking on a local Grocery store pharmacy daily for weeks because they decline to stock the morning after pill.

But today's problem is they ran a article on the local American Idol tryouts, come to find out IDOL tryouts are restricted to age 16 thru 28.

http://www.idolonfox.com/auditions/

This is Amerika, that kind of stuff ain't legal here. Government or corporation tried that & the media would be on them like stink on a dung beetle. FOX must have immunity.

I'm insulted. really ticked, aside from the fact Taylor Hicks is horrible, I've been practicing a lot & have gotten some better, I was gonna go in to town & give it a go.

Now I'll have to settle for organizing a senior protest. I'm thinking of chartering a couple busses & taking some of the folks from the local "Home" in to picket. Should be interesting, all us geezers holding signs & driving wheelchairs & walkers around in circles.

Suppose Flea Bailey would take the case.

I could use some ideas for signs & slogans to chant.

Squawk

Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Coastie,
Does this crappy program ooze into NZ?

I stopped watching just about all TV when my wife passed on - nearing 6 years now. Just about the only exception is when I visit my daughter - I watch Animal Planet with her dogs.

I'd rather spend that time playing my guitars - or corresponding with my fellow geezers here. :)

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Squawk,
TV is just so dumb now. It's brain rot. It's just there to keep people around for commercials. It used to be that commercials brought the programs, but it's the other way around now. American Idol? More like idolatry. These human karaoke machines are idols?

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes Darryl, I'm afraid we do have this poo on N.Z. television, along with "reality" (?????????) shows.
And right before our main evening news, we have a half hour of the execrable Ellen DeCheeziness !
No comment to offer - it would be bound to offend someone.
However, in a similar sort of vein to "Idol", we have an English show titled "Stars In Their Eyes", which is more than half-way watchable.
You may see it in the States, or have a home-grown version. Slide on over to The Funny Papers in about 5 hours time for more.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
There's a tv preacher here who calls her Ellen Degenerate. But I don't think she's near as hideous as David Navarro. He looks like he should be turned over to the Center for Disease Prevention.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Some time ago, I came up with an idea to beat television boredom. To do away with the humdrum.

Do you remember back when they had "Ironside". Raymond Burr as I recall, travelling around in a wheelchair solving cases. And you had James Fransiscus as the blind detective, but the name of the show escapes me (Longstreet maybe). You also had "Columbo", the seemingly idiotic genious that always got his man.

I always wanted to do a show about a detective, that passed gas and belched ever time the "pressure" was on. I've always felt that the ratings of such a show would be through the roof. Then again, I always wated to start a restaurant chain with a bunch of fat "Geezers" serving and carrying on with their flatulence as they served every meal....."Pooters" if you will.

Any thoughts?
West

Squawk

Reaction score
It's nice that we geezers are spread all over the world - the one drawback is that we can't have a get-together (like the Martin forum folks do). Just imagine - Coastie brings the beer, West brings the chili, Darryl brings the armadillo salad, I bring the oxygen...

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Somebody better bring Tums if you want to eat my chili. I do have a crop of some light your fire peppers in the garden this year. :)

That does sound like fun. Would Africa be half way Coastie?

West

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't dis Ellen, Jeff's probably in love with her !!
Considers her a challenge !

West, interesting your restaurant comments. I've had a hankering to own an eatery named either The Cheesy Groin, or The Fishy Gash.
Find some Habanero Chili seeds and grow them, they are the hottest chili species on the planet.

A big Guild hoolie (party) would sure be a lot of fun !!
Wherever we held it, I doubt if we'd be allowed back a second time !

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:D Ya right....we'd be hell during the day and in bed at 9:00 pm. sawing logs.

I'll have to stock up on my supplies of Metamucil and Geritol. Anybody need me to look for Depends........for those not so fresh days?

West

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
arm a what? Oh, dillo. I thought you said something else. I wouldn't want to see one of those armed. It's bad enough that Ellen's has a kick starter.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't dis Ellen, Jeff's probably in love with her !!
Considers her a challenge !
Can't say as I'm at all attracted to Ellen, not in the least,

Now, have you seen Ellen's main squeeze girlfriend? It seems Ellen & I have the same tastes in feminine beauty.

It's good to know the wonderful world of Television is a common disease internationally. May explain in part why we spend so much of our precious discretionary time here on the site.

Hilarious repartee of late.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
You know Jeff, you make a good point. Seriously, I think I have 151 stations, and there is rarely anything of interest to me on. When there is, it's sports, documentaries or hunting. I think that is a big reason I spend so much time here. That and I kind of enjoy you guys :roll:

:) West

Squawk

Reaction score
To add to West's comments - almost everyone assumes we all watch this junk - I have often raised eyebrows when I say I never saw an episode of The Sopranos. This is where LTG comes in. I tell everyone I spend more time on my Mac, particularly guitar-related sites, and more particularly, letstalkguild.com. I go on to say how folks from all over the world talk about everything from their guitars to their cultures - that there is a high level sophistication amongst LTG members - that many of us have many brands of guitars, but we all have or want to get at least one Guild guitar; that there is something about Guild that links us together and enables us to have serious and thoughtful discussions.

Of course, I never tell them what most of the posts are like :D

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Squawker,

Dito................I'm truly humbled by the fact, and I know Mr. Coastie is also, by the fact that you have acknowledged the level of sophistication we project in our posts. Here at this site, we will never stoop to poor joke telling, dumb sayings, goofy pictures, unsightly spelling or poor grammer.

It is truly a pleasure to be included with such a vast array of esteemed colleagues.

Thank you for your kind words,
West :lol:

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I never saw the Sopranos either. I don't even know if it's on cable or what. And people think I'm deprived. HAH! Depraved yes, but not deprived.