Custom TRC

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0496_2.jpg

A nice way to customize your precious. This man does very nice work and has also made me a very nice Bluesbird TRC.

http://nicholsguitars.com

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

Today, I figured out why you have such an infatuation with female nudity :wink: No kidding....................there was an article today, in my small town Texas newspaper, about a female police officer in Wellington, New Zealand who was "moonlighting" as a hooker. According to the article, she was doing her "undercover" work in Auckland.

It also went on to say that prostitution is legal there. Man, you mean even the cops there are nymphos? Well, I suppose you have to find some way to keep warm :) !

Gidday,
West

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Gidday West.

Have to say that I find female nudity vastly more appealing than male nudity.
The lady in question managed to retain her job, and is undergoing "counselling". Hope Jeff didn't see that item - wouldn't be good for his ticker !
Auckland is light years away from us here. We refer to it as "Dorkland". 1/3 of NZ's population lives there - which of course means that 2/3 of our population doesn't !!!!! Shall we say they have an elevated sense of self-importance !
Probably about 600-700 miles away, as the crow flies, which will have you chuckling - that's a long way to us. You can't drive there since NZ consists of two islands, separated by a very wild stretch of water. And you've gotta take out a mortgage to buy an airline ticket !

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
there was an article today, in my small town Texas newspaper, about a female police officer in Wellington, New Zealand who was "moonlighting" as a hooker.Hope Jeff didn't see that item - wouldn't be good for his ticker !

Very astute Coastman, I do have an appreciation for wimmin in uniform. Or out of uniform, no matter.

Do you suppose the lady in question uses any of her police gear & training while moonlighting. You know, Handcuffs, special holds & martial arts stuff. Interrogation techniques that make a man want to confess. Her clientelle may be a pretty scary lot.

West, what is that town in Texas where you live? They ran an article about cop Hookers in NZ. Amazing. Cops here are nowhere near as interesting.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Longview, you have one of those in Washington too, I believe Jeffrey. Anyway, the fact that they ran that article is an indication of just how desperate they are for news here. They probably didn't even run that in the Auckland, N.Z. news.

Coastie, I see what you mean. After I wrote that last post, I went to a site and did a little studying up on New Zealand. I saw what you mean, you are a fer piece from Auckland. The West Coast really does look like a beautiful place. Read a little about the coal mining heritage of your area.
It looks like a great place to get into a little nature, and the mountains there looked stunning.

Can you take a ferry to the Northern Island?

West

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West.

Yes you can. It's a three hour - something trip, and very pleasant. Or at least, it is most of the time. Cook Strait is one of the World's wildest waterways (nice bit of aliteration there), 7 metre swells are fairly common with consequent cancellation of sailings.
We've had any number of intrepid (nutcase) swimmers cross this piece of water, and then swim back !! Yep, some of us are pretty crazy !

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I can just about see Cher in a police uniform with a pair of knee high leather boots....and the cuffs. Down Jeffrey, Down boy!

Coastie, I know you don't like to hear about Australia, but with your relative close proximity to Australia, cold water and seals swimming around, don't the nutcase swimmers ever become a snack for the dreaded maneater, not to mention hypothermic?

West

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think hypothermia was the main concern - these guys (and guyesses) were always swathed in great gobs of grease. (Will you look at that, more great aliteration !).
Shark attacks here are very rare, it's always been supposed that our waters are too cold for them, but our most notable attacks have occurred mostly in our coldest waters !
We're more likely to be bitten by loan-sharks, accountants, used car salesmen and all the other hucksters !

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie, What's the population of your Island. You're sure enough living
in the vicinity of some huge national parks.

We have a Westport here as well, about 60 mi due West from here. my middle Sister lives there. Interestingly it is similarly located right on Coast exposed directly to the Pacific. Days with no wind are a rarity there.

I'd guess you see some weather, can't tell from the topo maps if there is a range of mountains between Greymouth and the coast.

By the way, that Cook fellow your straight is named after got around a bit. Cook inlet in Alaska carries his name as well. It's a goodly long sail in a square rigger to Alaska from New Zealand. Same kind of weather, similar topogaphy, extreme tides , fierce storms , beautiful place. Huge, Few roads, & endless mountain ranges, endless.

West, Yep, Longview, Wa is about 60 mi South, Smaller town, about halfway between here & Portland, Or. Mt St Helens is just a little North & East of Longview. A few months back I stopped in there to get a bite on the way to Portland. . Longview has two really nice music shops , I played my 1st D55 there. A brand new sunburst & I'm an easy mark for sunburst. . Absolutely magnificent guitar with a price to match.

p.s. Were did you find that pic of Cher in the cop outfit. , I think I know the one you are talking about but can't seem to locate it.

Squawk

Reaction score
Only on LTG can something a simple as a TRC create such a reaction. Can you imagine this happening on the Taylor forum?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jeffrey,

The picture of Cher existed only in my mind, although there might very well be a real one floating around somewhere.

Squawk,

No I can't imagine discussions like these taking place on the Taylor forum. I think it's what one of the things that makes LTG so enjoyable and unique. Sure, we are occasionally guilty of getting off thread (of course I never do :roll: ), but we learn so much about each other. Not to mention the fact that I can't tell you how many times I've been up late at night, with the rest of the house gone to bed, and read some post that caused me to break out in hysterical laughter.

I've never met these guys, although I'd love to, but feel like I know several of them fairly well. I enjoy them all.

West

Squawk

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
I've never met these guys, although I'd love to, but feel like I know several of them fairly well. I enjoy them all.

West - you certainly speak for me as well. I could not have stated it any better.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West says
I know you don't like to hear about Australia....

Actually, it is all light-hearted, which you've probably guessed. We do have a fierce sporting rivalry going on between us, but Ozzies and Kiwis get on well together, albeit we like to make jokes at each other's expense.

Here's one.......... What do you call a half-witted Oz-tralian ?

Answer: Gifted.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Jeff, I really appreciate your, and other's interest in our little place down here.

Oor North Island covers 116,031 sq. kms, and has a population of around 3.2m.
The South Island covers 153,540 sq. kms, and has a population of around only 980,000.
The West Coast covers 23,400 sq. kms, and has a population of around 30,500.

So, you can see that we're a bit sparse here in the south, and especially on the coast.
If I remember correctly, all of N.Z. would fit into Texas about twice over.

No mountain range along the coast, but there is a very impressive mountain range which splits the island length-wise.

We do get some pretty diverse weather here, not too far south has one of the highest annual rainfall figures in the world. Very pretty there though, with glorious rainforest and magnificent sounds (fjords).
We even get twisters here - last year, our biggest one ever, caused NZ $10 million worth of damage here in Greymouth.

Oh, and we're the western terminal of one of the acclaimed "Best train rides in the world "

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

Didn't mean to slight your sweet custom TRC.

I'd be interested in one with a different motiff. (sp):

"A nice graphic showing the Guild logo with open jaws munching on a half eaten Taylor. " A big G with shark teeth & a couple of big bites right out of the lower bout of the Taylor. Subtle? no?

It'd be fun to put one the DC5 & take it in to the local Taylor outlet for a service question & see how many would notice.

Should talk to Don, maybe he could offset some of his costs being the distributor for LTG, Taylor eater, custom TRC's.

Squawk

Reaction score
Jeff said:
Should talk to Don, maybe he could offset some of his costs being the distributor for LTG, Taylor eater, custom TRC's.

Jeff - What a great idea - the only issue could be different sizes or drillings, but I'm sure we could come up with one that would fit something we all have. Other issue might be the choice of guitar getting chomped. Taylor is nice - I guess Gibson and Martin are also contenders.

Don - I assume you're reading this - whatcha think? What a wonderful complement to the straps you so nicely coordinated ordering for us.