Guild Wear

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Man, that is one fine looking jacket. You're right though, I could almost buy another guitar for that.

West

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Ah yes Darryl the positively po boy from 4 th Street.

Well West go for the vest. I'd bet your wardrobe could use a bit more sprucing up than your guitar rack.

Benee

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Being from Texas, I'm not much into wardrobe...........except on Sundays of course. I'm really not a vest kinda guy.

West

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
I dunno West I've heard the good Lord appreciates a nattily dressed Guild player. :wink:
Benee

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
By the way Darryl, sounds like ol' Elmore and I have something in common. :) When I play, it all sounds the same, but I really do mean it :wink:

West

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Well someone must care West or you wouldn't be dressing up on Sundays!
Benee Wafers

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'm still with West. My guess is that the God in many religions (though not all) is forgiving and doesn't care if you don't have Sunday finery.

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Darryl your guessings about God are hardly relevant now are they?
I mean what good is a guess ( anybodies ) about God?
West intimated that he dresses up on Sundays and I speculated that he does so to go to church. Perhaps I was wrong?
West says God doesn't care what you wear.
I say somebody must or why would you be getting dressed up?
That about sums it up.
If the Guild jacket is too expensive and West doesn't wear vests, o.k. fine.

Benee Wafers

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Ah c'mon Darryl I know you're just letting me off the hook and I appreciate it.
Benee

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Benee,

The real reason that I wear nice clothes to church is that in my congregation, some people wear really nice clothes and some people dress casually. It doesn't matter what you wear. I normally am required to wear a pair of nasty, stinking coveralls all week at work, and Sundays are my weekly opportunity to wear some nice duds and look like the other half of the world. The other thing is that my wife absolutely looks like a 30 year old (she's 50) model to me and I try to appear as if I am worthy of her, though I'm not. I get a little tired of wearing my ragged, sweaty coveralls all week, so on Sundays I put on some nice slacks, a tie and a sport coat.

For me , to go to church pays dividends in many ways. Heck, I've even gotten to watch Doyle Dykes play at a church service. I knew he was to play at our Fellowship Hall that night, but none of us were prepared for his unannounced performance during a regular Sunday service. And Doyle can make a believer out of you! : :wink:

Oh, and vests...........some folks look great in one....I think Coastie does, and some don't....me.

Have a nice day,

West

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I remember reading about this hippie looking dude in tattered clothes and sandals walking into church, and finding no seats in front, he strolled right up and sat in front on the floor. The congregation was aghast, this just wasn't done. One of the old church elders started up front walking with his cane toward the young man and everyone in the congregation held their breath thinking "Boy, is he ever gonna give him what for!"

There was scarcely a dry eye in the place when the old man went up front, laid down his cane, sat right down next to the young man on the floor and shook his hand, and stayed right there with him throughout the service.

True or not? I don't know, but its a great story :D