What's the deal on the Guild M-30

Reaction score
You allways hear about the M-20 but what's up with the M-30?
What size is it??000??
It's all mahogany.Correct??
Years of production??
Has the usual pencil thin neck??Like me.
I've heard a few great things about it but it seems damn near impossible to find.Fill me in Guild heads.
Lickety Split

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Lickety Split said:
You allways hear about the M-20 but what's up with the M-30?
What size is it??000??
It's all mahogany.Correct??
Years of production??
Has the usual pencil thin neck??Like me.
I've heard a few great things about it but it seems damn near impossible to find.Fill me in Guild heads.
Lickety Split

Hello Lickety Split,

The M-30 is the same shape as the F-30 (from the same period) in an all-mahogany package. Basically what the M-20 is to the F-20. Introduced ca. 1959, at the same time as the M-20 but discontinued in 1964.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
Thanks Hans

I don't see them very often for sale but I am going to keep my eyes open for one of these.
Lickety Split

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Good luck brother. I've been watching for months for an early F 30. NADA. All the F 30's I've seen for sale have been later vintage & a bit bigger than the original models. Didn't know M 30's existed or F 30 Aragon's either till I read about them both in Hans' book.

Only older F30 I've heard changing hands was from a lady writing to the forum about a 50's sunburst model she found for $10.00 at the Goodwill. Would have complimented my F 20 nicely.

I hinted a bit about offering her a reasonable price but of course never heard a word. Let me know if you ever find one so I can add you to my hate list.