Joe Bonamassa

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I just stumbled onto this guy through a British magazine "Guitarist".

His first paying gig was warmup for B. B. King when he was 12!!

If you like Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Robin Trower.....You will love this Guy.

Check out his Website, and be sure to watch ALL the video clips, including the Rockplast video.

http://www.jbonamassa.com/

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Yeah good stuff but ya gotta figure there's 10's upon 10's of thousands equally as good if not better.
So much has changed over the years, our years (the geezer's years) I can't put my finger on it. Guitar playing musicians, it used to be a calling, now its a career path.Berkley Music and numerous other schools across the country just spew out an endless stream of composers and instrumentalists. Its incredible. All, I guess, wanting to make the big time?
Is that true?
Luthiers for Godsake. Have you seen the thousands upon thousands of luthiers in the market place now?I mean WTF. who wanted to hand make guitars 30 years ago. Few and far between isn't it?
Music & lyric contests, pro critiquers, how to books and videos, Garageband, My Space, do you have any idea how many 100's of thousands of songs are submitted every year to these various sites?
American Idol, America's Got Talent, The Next Super Model, Donald Trumps show for heavens sake. And you know what? I barely watch TV.!!
I think I've lost my mind, blown a gasket, belong in a casket, a wrap around jacket.
Do you know what I mean!
I feel better now.
Benee Wafers

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
LMAO.....
[IMG:60:54]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/MrP_at_Large/Devilish.gif[/img]

I'm sure glad you got that out of your system!! Every now and then I go off on a tangent thinking about stuff like that, then I realize that it is going that way whether I like it or not!

,,,,then I think, WTF, give me another beer barkeep!!!

I figure I will live longer that way!!
:wink:

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
You're right Mr. P.
I figure the only mainstream arts that haven't been popularized to the extreme is painting and writing. I figure these still remain a calling.
What say you?
Benee Wafers

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I agree with you if you are talking of Oil painting. There are so many computerized painting programs out it is scarry.

My 13 yer old daughter is into Japanese Anime (for this Geezer I had to get a deffinition, that is Japanese Animation).

In one of her pieces, she sketched it on paper, scanned it to a digital file, and colored it useing Adobe Photoshop. It ain't like the old days, but it is amazing what a child can do.