Robert Johnson's Guitar

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gee maybe it's just my skeptical nature but...

doesn't it seem a bit strange that they go to great lengths to prove this is RJ's guitar without even mentioning the serial number or the date, if there is one, on the neck block?

Is it just my imagination, or is finish on the guitar in RJ's portait beat to snot as compared to the pristeen photo of the his alleged guitar now?

:roll:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Even if I was being asked to spend only 1% of that amount, I'd want a helluva lot more "provenance" than these guys offer.

There's quite a bit of debate about this over at the FDP.

BUT; if this is the real deal, and personally I'm very sceptical, what a fabulous piece of treasure !

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
If you read through all the site, they claim the apparent finish discrepancy was due to the Lighting for the Portrait.

I know a lot about photography and I find that a little hard to believe.

In addition to the lack of serial number, they give no history whatsoever of who the owners have been.

I thought this was a W.C. Fields quote but could not find it, "A fool and his money shall soon part ways!"

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
yeah, it probably belonged to some dude whose name was Bob Johnson :lol:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Does it come with a case? :lol: Let's see, I could by a condo on the beach in Florida, another on the beach in the Bahamas, a third in the Colorado Rockies and still never work another day.................or buy that old beat up Gibson............................dah?

West