Calling Mr. P...subliminally

Benee Wafers

Reaction score
Hi Mr. P.
Thought maybe you would have some insight into this.
Was told today at work that subliminal messages can be transmitted over the radio.
Know I know that subliminal messages can be placed in photographs, prolly on television pictures but over the radio......... just didn't sit right with me.
What do you know?
Thanks
Benee Wafers

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
They can be sent out over radio but they are not nearly as effective as the ones in pictures.

In the film type the message flashes by so fast that the brain registers it as junk, and you don't conciously realize you have seen it, however the subconcious registers it and acts on it.

If an audio message goes by that fast, it can not be understood, and short duration uninteligible audio is registered by the brain as "noise" and is discarded.

That is my understanding of it......or memory of my understanding of it. I would have to find my old Psychological Acoustics text book to be positive. Not sure I can find it right now.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
huh - thats exactly how my brain treats rap - discards it as noise :lol:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The problem with rap is it doesn't go by fast enough!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Now I do NOT mention this as a racist comment. On a radio talk show here the other day, they were discussing the fact that some group had complained that there were no blacks cast in the role of detective or secret agent for television.

The name of some rapper was suggested by the group. Ya'll may have to help me out here, but his name was something like "P Ditty" od "Ditty Do Dad" or something. Anyway, the talk show host was referring to him as "00 Ditty". I kind of got a kick out of it.

West

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Well I think......uh,my opinion is........well, it should be obvious....aw crap, I can't say nuthin'.