Guitar stands to play on?

dklsplace

Reaction score
What the heck do you call these type of stands that you can mount the guitar to play on the stand? I'm not having much luck with a web search. Found one thing on ebay that looks like it, (made by Grady?) but no google returns on that name as a manufacturer.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks like a bad accident waiting to happen. Which git are you intending
to hang on this gismo?

dklsplace

Reaction score
AHA! Walkup! That's the deal....& I shoulda guessed Gracie with the IE instead of Y.

Looks like a bad accident waiting to happen. Which git are you intending to hang on this gismo?

If I can get one that'll handle both acoustic & electric I would probably make use out of it both ways.

Squawk

Reaction score
Don -

When I saw your post, I remembered seeing the Gracie stands on the clearance page at MF - and when I checked there I saw they didn't carry them any longer.

Elderly sells them - but for much more $$$ than MF did (like twice as much). Could've used one of those in my bass-playing days to save my back :)

dklsplace

Reaction score
Nope. Just 'cause I do a number of songs that would benefit from me being able to have both acoustic & electric in hand, & I don't have another guitar player to cover one or the other.

Squawk

Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Nope. Just 'cause I do a number of songs that would benefit from me being able to have both acoustic & electric in hand, & I don't have another guitar player to cover one or the other.

Maybe you should get the double-neck Crossroads and play it the way I play my doubleneck epi :)

dklsplace

Reaction score
Persistence & patience pays off! Found only 2 brands making a good walkup stand that is readily available. M-Brace & Gracie. Found a place online selling the first for about $50. I emailed for a shipping quote & they never responded.

Called GC the other day to ask & the kid on the phone paused when I asked about a "walk-up" stand. After a moment of silence he said, "hey I'm with a customer, can I call you back?" Funny that the amount of time it took for him to call back was just long enough to look up what I was talking about, but no, they didn't stock anything like that. Special order only.

Today I'm running errands & stop into another local store & ask. Just so happens they had found one that had been sitting in the attic for years & had just brought it down to the acoustic room, still dust covered. "This isn't an inventoried item, so it's cash only" says the guy. $50 later, I'm having a decent afternoon. It's a Gracie BTW. Like this one at Elderly
http://www.elderly.com/accessories/items/GGH-ACOU.htm
I'll be giving it a try on stage this weekend.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Don.

Ya should have got one with the "Sit-Down", optional extra fittings, then you could play your geetar sitting on stage on that mobile-commode-geezer chair-thingy that you have !

dklsplace

Reaction score
Don't think a commode stool would go over to well in this venue.

Anyway, I put it to the test & it really worked great! Painful performance though....I threw my back out yesterday afternoon & moving isn't the easiest thing in the world right now. :cry: