watching a GREAT CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carson17912

Reaction score
Hello Guild People!!!! It's been some time since I've posted in the forum, but I've been doing guitar stuff. As I write, Richie Havens is playing and singing: "Here comes the sun," one of my favorite Beatles covers, it does George proud, God rest his sweet soul. But, I've just seen one heck of a concert by Paul McCartney at St. Petersburg, been playing along too. I hope you all can see this show on DVD and Surround Sound, it's a real house shaker!!!!!!! You'll hear: Penny lane, helter skelter, The end, drive my car, I've got a feeling to name a few. It's out on A&E as part of the Paul McCartney in red square. Just a great show!!!!!!!!!!!! Another great concert is Neil Young's Prairre wind. I think I spellt it write. Very mellow from one great writer, for our acoustic fans. take care: happy labor day to the Good old USA, my hometown. "All You Need Is Love, and a great GUILD guitar!!!!!!! carson

carson17912

Reaction score
Hello Guild People!!!! It's been some time since I've posted in the forum, but I've been doing guitar stuff. As I write, Richie Havens is playing and singing: "Here comes the sun," one of my favorite Beatles covers, it does George proud, God rest his sweet soul. But, I've just seen one heck of a concert by Paul McCartney at St. Petersburg, been playing along too. I hope you all can see this show on DVD and Surround Sound, it's a real house shaker!!!!!!! You'll hear: Penny lane, helter skelter, The end, drive my car, I've got a feeling to name a few. It's out on A&E as part of the Paul McCartney in red square. Just a great show!!!!!!!!!!!! Another great concert is Neil Young's Prairre wind. I think I spellt it write. Very mellow from one great writer, for our acoustic fans. take care: happy labor day to the Good old USA, my hometown. "All You Need Is Love, and a great GUILD guitar!!!!!!! carson

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
"Railroad crossing without any cars, can you spell that without any "R"s? My dad used to ask my that question all that time when we drove through a railroad crossing on a state highway...and we did that alot back in the day.

T-H-A-T is the answer! As a seven-year old, it took me awhile to figure that one out.

There are only two "R"s in Prairie...Prairie Wind - what a great album. I look at Neil playing "This Old Guitar" and realize I need to thin the herd because of the line "it cries when I leave it alone."

Double Drop is the name of the tuning for that song, I believe..D A D G B D. You pros know more than me.

The other great DVD that is out now that will probably disappear soon because it appeals to geezers and not teeny-boppers is John Fogerty's "Long Road Home". He cooks with his current band on alot of his old Creedence Clearwater hits. This I highly recommend, even though he doesn't play Guild. (His brother had a Starfire VI back in the day, and I read somewhere that he once played a Bluesbird awhile ago.)

CK

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
"Railroad crossing without any cars, can you spell that without any "R"s? My dad used to ask my that question all that time when we drove through a railroad crossing on a state highway...and we did that alot back in the day.

T-H-A-T is the answer! As a seven-year old, it took me awhile to figure that one out.

There are only two "R"s in Prairie...Prairie Wind - what a great album. I look at Neil playing "This Old Guitar" and realize I need to thin the herd because of the line "it cries when I leave it alone."

Double Drop is the name of the tuning for that song, I believe..D A D G B D. You pros know more than me.

The other great DVD that is out now that will probably disappear soon because it appeals to geezers and not teeny-boppers is John Fogerty's "Long Road Home". He cooks with his current band on alot of his old Creedence Clearwater hits. This I highly recommend, even though he doesn't play Guild. (His brother had a Starfire VI back in the day, and I read somewhere that he once played a Bluesbird awhile ago.)

CK

carson17912

Reaction score
Paul in St. Petersburg and Prairie wind by neil young

Great story about the train. Just got help on the spelling of prairie from the other half. One guy in Paul's band plays a Guild bass. It's Brian Ray. It looks like a les paul bass. I saw one in the Guild Book I think. I'll be at my 1976 National Championship reunion in Pittsburgh on Saturday night. I'll be wearing my BEATLES ballcap and red GUILD guitar T-Shirt when we're introduced at halftime. FSN is covering some of the stuff and I think it should be broadcast by ESPN nationally. I hope you can all watch if you like college football. Now, if I can manage not to trip when i walk out there............. carson.

carson17912

Reaction score
Paul in St. Petersburg and Prairie wind by neil young

Great story about the train. Just got help on the spelling of prairie from the other half. One guy in Paul's band plays a Guild bass. It's Brian Ray. It looks like a les paul bass. I saw one in the Guild Book I think. I'll be at my 1976 National Championship reunion in Pittsburgh on Saturday night. I'll be wearing my BEATLES ballcap and red GUILD guitar T-Shirt when we're introduced at halftime. FSN is covering some of the stuff and I think it should be broadcast by ESPN nationally. I hope you can all watch if you like college football. Now, if I can manage not to trip when i walk out there............. carson.

HoboKen

Reaction score
Is that P.M. concert where Paul uses his original Kalamazoo Epiphone Texan to play "Yesterday?" He used his '64 Epi to write and record the song originally.

My old Epi Texan ('65) is the one I use to to play John's "This Old Guitar," and it really is my life's version of the song.

HoboKen ('47)

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Garcon,

Is Richie on a DVD? I've seen him twice. When he sang "The Turning Away" a capella, I almost peed. Next time I see him, I'm wearing depends.