Manhattan x-175 master volume knob

friendphil

Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone have a lead on where I might find a master volume knob for my '83 Manhattan x-175? I have located a source for the other four knobs at guitarpartsresource.com. But haven't found a source for that little different one. Thanks.

friendphil

Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone have a lead on where I might find a master volume knob for my '83 Manhattan x-175? I have located a source for the other four knobs at guitarpartsresource.com. But haven't found a source for that little different one. Thanks.

northbayj

Reaction score
Hi Phil,

All Parts doesn't seem to have an exact match for the little master volume knob, though they do sell a set of three - two big, one little - that might work for you. Part number is: PK_0174-023. Go to http://www.allparts.com, click on "Knobs" and scroll down. I'm comparing the little one there to the master knob on my X500 and it's a close match. The white stripe on mine is lower down on the top hat rim, whereas the white stripe on this one is up on top. For an authoritative opinion, Daryl or Hans should be able to help you out.

Good luck.

rwmol

Reaction score
Northbayj. I took a look at that knob. If the 83 is the same as my 80, that knob is quite a bit different. It appears to have a flat base instead of being sloped. My knob has eight indentations and has odd numbers with a dash on the even numbers. But, that knob may be the only one available as long as it will adapt to the pot shaft.

Maybe mine is wrong. I didn't buy it new.

Randy

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Friendphil,

If you live in Sonoma, I'm your friend, Phil.

Hans can give an authoritative opinion. I can give you an authoritarian opinion.

But seriously, the best sources I know of for Guild parts are Hans, and guildguy.com.

friendphil

Reaction score
thanks

Thank you for the leads on that little knob. I checked the site at allparts.com and they do have a set that would work just fine for my taste, and i might call folks at guildguy.com to see if they have an exact match. In either case, it's cool to have such guild support and to know of these parts resources..... thanks!

dklsplace

Reaction score
Phil, if you decide to go the allparts route, don't order directly from the website. I'm an authorized dealer & can do better for you.

Don