Dylan's latest album debuts at #1 on US pop charts.

Squawk

Reaction score
Yes, Bob is a geezer - but a good geezer, like us. I received an advance copy of the new album a few weeks ago - he sounds old - but good. To me, it's probably his best album in 30 years.

Squawk

Reaction score
Yes, Bob is a geezer - but a good geezer, like us. I received an advance copy of the new album a few weeks ago - he sounds old - but good. To me, it's probably his best album in 30 years.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
That certainly is encouraging to me. Man, you mean I'll still be able to play in 15 years? As if I ever could :D ! Not to mention the fact that if old Bob can sing....hey, I can too. I do think he writes songs a little better than I do though.

:wink: West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
That certainly is encouraging to me. Man, you mean I'll still be able to play in 15 years? As if I ever could :D ! Not to mention the fact that if old Bob can sing....hey, I can too. I do think he writes songs a little better than I do though.

:wink: West

Squawk

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not sure how much guitar he's playing these days. A local columnist (female geezer I must add) saw him in Reading, PA and indicated he only played piano. she had heard unconfirmed reports he wasn't performing with a guitar because of his bad back. But there's a lot of guitar on the album. I don't have the cover or notes, but I assume he's playing at least some of the guitars on the album.

BTW, he does covers of "Rollin' and Tumblin'" and "Someday Baby" which, IMHO, are quite good.

Squawk

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not sure how much guitar he's playing these days. A local columnist (female geezer I must add) saw him in Reading, PA and indicated he only played piano. she had heard unconfirmed reports he wasn't performing with a guitar because of his bad back. But there's a lot of guitar on the album. I don't have the cover or notes, but I assume he's playing at least some of the guitars on the album.

BTW, he does covers of "Rollin' and Tumblin'" and "Someday Baby" which, IMHO, are quite good.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Scary Picture of Ole Bob

Here's a picture from the album cover, Darned if Costco didn't have the album.

Pic is pretty darned scary, I have 7 years till 65 & I'm not liking what I see coming up one bit.

By the way, the album cover shows Bob playing a guitar, Can't tell what it is for sure but it's a sunburst dread with knobs on the lower bout.

1st impression is more sophisticated musicianship, kind of Little Band Swing. I'll have to listen to it a couple more times before I can form an opinion, don't have much of a hook on the lyrics yet.

[img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid214/p04197efdcbd8512f25e21eea9508de43/ed1599a4.jpg[/img]

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Scary Picture of Ole Bob

Here's a picture from the album cover, Darned if Costco didn't have the album.

Pic is pretty darned scary, I have 7 years till 65 & I'm not liking what I see coming up one bit.

By the way, the album cover shows Bob playing a guitar, Can't tell what it is for sure but it's a sunburst dread with knobs on the lower bout.

1st impression is more sophisticated musicianship, kind of Little Band Swing. I'll have to listen to it a couple more times before I can form an opinion, don't have much of a hook on the lyrics yet.

[img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid214/p04197efdcbd8512f25e21eea9508de43/ed1599a4.jpg[/img]

Squawk

Reaction score
The columnist I referred to earlier made a point of saying at least he's not fight the aging - unlike Mic Jagger.

Squawk

Reaction score
The columnist I referred to earlier made a point of saying at least he's not fight the aging - unlike Mic Jagger.

Squawk

Reaction score
and besides, he still has a lot more hair than me (but at least i don't have the wrinkles)

Squawk

Reaction score
and besides, he still has a lot more hair than me (but at least i don't have the wrinkles)

Squawk

Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Has anybody ever seen a pic of Bob with a Guild?

I've only seen pics of him with Martins and Strats. Did he ever play a Guild?