Inspiring guitarist quote

Gruhn Loon

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and want to share something meaningful to me. Perhaps it can inspire someone else also.

My favorite quote is from John Fahey, an amazing self-taught guitarist who passed several years ago.

"I learned to play the guitar by spending incredible amounts of time, because I was a slower learner than everybody else, practicing very simple things. The only reason I am still playing, and some others are not, is because I wouldn't give up"

From "The Best of John Fahey 1959-1977"

Gruhn Loon

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and want to share something meaningful to me. Perhaps it can inspire someone else also.

My favorite quote is from John Fahey, an amazing self-taught guitarist who passed several years ago.

"I learned to play the guitar by spending incredible amounts of time, because I was a slower learner than everybody else, practicing very simple things. The only reason I am still playing, and some others are not, is because I wouldn't give up"

From "The Best of John Fahey 1959-1977"

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Utahn!
Dave

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Utahn!
Dave

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Welcome Gruhn Loon!!

If you are going to follow someone, John Fahey and George Gruhn are two to good ones to emulate. The first for playing the second for business.
:lol:

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Welcome Gruhn Loon!!

If you are going to follow someone, John Fahey and George Gruhn are two to good ones to emulate. The first for playing the second for business.
:lol: