A New Dog House for Mr. P!!

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I had a storeage house built in my back yard, and if was finished Saturday. The last two nights I have sat in there and played with only the light of a Citronella Candle.

The weather is perfect for it now, and I guess I need to get used to it in case the spouse makes me move out there!!
:roll:

[IMG:432:324]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/MrP_at_Large/StoreageHousesmall.jpg[/img]

Bing k

Reaction score
We all need a place like that. Right know I go to the store after hours to work on something that "needs volume". ;-)

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
P,

You buy the beer and I'll be right over.....we'll jam! Been buttering up my John Prine.

West

gilligan

Reaction score
a new dog house for mr. p!!

Hey P!--that looks great!

We all need an escape space to disappear to with guitar in hand. I often think about trying to get a couple of friends, and their strings, together for a long(er) weekend and get away to a cabin in the woods or on a lake somewhere with my laptop and recording processor. That would be a great vacation for me, the picture of your new doghouse reminded me that I need to start planning.

Thanks for sharing,
gilligan

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It is a nice little 16x18 building.

This weekend we are going over to Mississippi to a family reunion at my Uncle Asa's place. He is actualy my cousin but as a kid we could not understand how a cousin could be the same age as our dad!

Anyway he has regular pickin parties (he does not play) in this nice little room. There will be a group playing old time music and he envited any of us that played to bring out instruments.

This is nice place with stage on one end and kitchen on the other end with built in sound system. I wish I wasn't 4 hours away. Maybe one day!

[IMG:800:600]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/MrP_at_Large/P7010058.jpg[/img]

john_kidder

Reaction score
OK fol;ks, for the first time I want to post a photo or two directly into a message, and of course I've completely forgotten the tricks. Help?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey John,

I think Don knows an easier way, but I just copy the header to the picture and paste it on the post. Good luck.

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
John,

I'm not sure if I do it the most expeditious way but here's how I do it: Not only did I have the devil's own time figuring it out, it's difficult to describe the step by step process.

It's a quite finicky system & unforgiving as all get out. Spacing & placement of the image in with the text is tricky. Seems easiest to type the text of your message 1st & add the images later, otherwise you have to deal with spacing.

#1. Locate the image you want to post, go to properties, highlight the address (url ?) right click (copy) the address for the image.

#2. Open LTG & Decide where you want the image to appear in your message, make sure it is on a line clear from other images or text.

Place the curser where you want the image to appear & select img from the menu above, IMG will appear on your message. Make sure the curser is next to the (IMG) code. Right click & select paste, the code line will appear next to (img). Here's the tricky part, you must select "Preview" before proceeding with another image or more text, otherwise only the code line will appear. If you have done the procedure correctly the image will appear in the preview screen and another (img) will appear at the end of the URL code line..

I hope this helps. It's all aggravated by the system wanting to put the images off to the right of the message out of sight. Just a week or so ago I discovered how to use the space bar to move images around so more than one or two images can be viewed.

Jeff

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I can tell already, I'm gonna have trouble with it.

Yup, & I still have trouble myself, I got no bizness tellin anybody else how to do it either.

:oops:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great Dog-house, P.

BUT WAIT ! I've had a vision !

Dusk's approaching. There's a whole bunch of geezers here, some standing, some sitting. They're all quaffing huge mugs of beer, and the ones who are sitting are all laughing heartily - someone's just dropped a sneaky fart, and they're all blaming each other !
There's West, cooking barbecue, and Coastie's busy at the beer barrel. Sure is a helluva lot of beer !
And check out those topless beer-wenches ! Darryl is, he's just made a lewd suggestion to one of them ! Ooh s**t Darryl, I'll bet that hurt ! Was it you that hoovered-up all the cheese and pickled onions ?
I can see a whole bunch of Guilds, in repose at the moment. Someone's brought along a B-50 and there's a rudimentary drum-kit.
There's Jeff and the Redhead; she looking particularly engaging in a fuchsia-pink Guild T shirt. Jeff's brought his splitting axe and chopped a whole lot of wood for a fire that we'll light soon.

I smell a herbal, jazz cigarette.

IT"S PARTY TIME !

john_kidder

Reaction score
If I can make this work (it's actually astonishing to me, in this advanced state of geezerhood/geezerdom, to remember that I used to be expert with small computers - but that was when they were small, and we wrote code in machine language, and DOS was a huge advance - gawd, I'm old), I say again, if I can make this work, here are two pictures of the place where I sometimes gather with friends to play and sing.

[img:640:480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/john_kidder/Kiddergarden%202006/JKsplace1.jpg[/img] [img:640:480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/john_kidder/Kiddergarden%202006/JKsplace2.jpg[/img]

Well, hey, that was easy. Thanks, Jeff, clean and clear.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Nice photos, John - but which one is you?

Hey P! Is that Mississippi location anywhere near Terry? Maybe I'll go visit my kin and substitute for you.
:D

Guildmark

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie & John,

Either way, beering it up in NZ or jammin it up in Vancouver sounds like a fine way to spend a day on the way to heaven.

Surely would be interesting to mix the two concepts up a bit. Might be able to sell tickets.

Nice pics John.

Jeff

ps Coastie, the Canadians have some experience in the Brewing Business.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guildmark said:
Hey P! Is that Mississippi location anywhere near Terry? Maybe I'll go visit my kin and substitute for you.
:D
Guildmark

That is near Forest, which is East of Jackson, about 60 miles from Terry!

john_kidder

Reaction score
And mine are from Ashcroft, about 200 miles from Vancouver in the "Dry Belt" of the Interior of BC. Hot, dry, just the way I like it.

You're all most welcome to turn up.

Reaction score
Checking...

John -- Is that "you're ALL MOST welcome to turn up"? OR should it be "you're almost welcome to turn up!" Ha! Looks like a great session. All the best...dbs

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
john_kidder said:
And mine are from Ashcroft, about 200 miles from Vancouver in the "Dry Belt" of the Interior of BC. Hot, dry, just the way I like it.

You're all most welcome to turn up.

Sounds like a nice Sunday Drive!! :shock:

Reaction score
Mississippi

P - We were in Jackson this past Saturday night doing an album release performance at Fenian's Pub. Great food, great audience and a grand time. A couple of weeks back, we were there for Jackson's Celtic Fest - one of the most enjoyable and well-produced events we do - Celtic, acoustic (except for the sound systems to cover those big rooms at the Jim Buck Ross Ag Museum), and really hospitable. Mark your calendars as it is the first weekend AFTER Labor Day every year - this was 15.

My father moved to Louisiana from Lauderdale (near Meridian). dbs