New Member w/ New Web Site

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi, I'm a new member here though I've been lurking for a while. I never really had a reason for joining until now. Since this place is the premier forum for Guild-a-holic's I thought you all would enjoy my new web site featuring my personal Guild Collection.

http://www.guildsofgrot.com

Please let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kurt
The Guilds of Grot

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! Nice collection... thanks for sharing you photos, and story.
Dave

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
KURT,

Holy Guild a Zillion Batman !!!! Are you for real ???

Way cool collection of Guilds.

Jeff

john_kidder

Reaction score
So that's where everything went. Gosh, I'd been wondering.

How many years have you been at this? Where do you find your instruments and accessories - surely not all eBay?

Very cool indeed.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
More than likely not much for sale, doesn't look like Grot has lightened up his inventory much lately.

I could be wrong.

Some cool pics of Guild Amps, electronics & accessories.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I don't like that man, he has all our guitars! :cry: :wink:

Great collection there Grot. Welcome.

West

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanx for the warm welcome all.

Jeff, I think coastie99 was implying that instead of selling your Guild on eBay, to just sell it to me 'cause I'll buy anything! Well that's not entirely true as I do have some standards. I like to collect stuff that's in an 8 condition or better. I also like to collect the "top of the line" in a guitar seres if I can. Matching guitar and bass sets are cool too.

As you can see by the history page, I really got serious about 1986 or so. Before eBay and Vintage Guitar Magazine, I used to subscibe to all the vintage guitar stores stock lists. Every month I'd have like 30 lists to peruse through. Now Vintage Guitar Magizine and Gbase.com does that for me. I also used to travel a lot for work and would schedule a later flight home so I would have time to hit all the music stores in the area after wrapping up business. You just never know when you're going to walk into a store and find a treasure!

I doesn't happen often, but as you can see it's happened enough!

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think coastie99 was implying that instead of selling your Guild on eBay, to just sell it to me 'cause I'll buy anything

Grot,

Interesting concept, now that you clarified it, I can see the logic. Initially I was focused more narrowly. Primarily on stratagies where a few of your things come to live with me.

How long have you been lurking in the shadows of the LTG site? I'm curious how familiar you are with what actually goes on here.

Hope you stick around a while & share some of your experience. The pictures you posted are incredible. I find the Guild amps & electronic components particularly interesting,

Jeff

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:shock: Grot,

I read the "History" section of your website. You mean there really is NO cure for this addiction? Oh my gosh, I don't make near enough money! My bank account will look like the National Debt!

West :D

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
West;
Well there's no cure that I have found yet! As far as spending money, can you say retirement investment. If the bottom drops out of the vintage guitar market because the generation 13'ers don't care about old guitars, then I'm in trouble!

Darryl;
Not sure I understood the "posted address" comment.

I haven't come across a Thunderdird Amp yet. I looked at a Superbird Amp but the damn thing was so big it wouldn't fit in my apartment!

Jeff;
I been checking this site out for about a year. You all seem like a great bunch of guy's (and gal's if there are any). Having Hans on the board is really cool.

Reaction score
Amazing!

Grot -- Wow! I feel as if I were an Elvis fan given a tour of Graceland by Elvis himself. That is incredible! I've got to show my wife that there are people out there sicker than me with 'Guilditis'. Thanks for sharing that and long may you continue. Amazing! Wow! How very cool! dbs

dklsplace

Reaction score
When I was first married, I had about a half dozen guitars, (only one Guild then) & my wife's response was "why do you need more than one guitar?" My attempts to answer with, "why do women need more than one (insert--'color lip stick, purse, pair of shoes,' etc)?" just didn't seem to connect.

Now I have a half dozen Guilds & a handful of other guitars & stringed instruments, but she has seen me in action with the different guitars & understands the concept better....but I still get that look whenever a big box shows up on the front porch.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I been checking this site out for about a year. You all seem like a great bunch of guy's (and gal's if there are any

The gals don't seem to hang around much since we started posting pictures of our faces & waist lines. I Can't figure it out?

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
My Wife Gets It!

We had a party tonight (yes, one of us has slipped deeper into geezerdom), five players -- one for each of my acoustiscs and one for the elcetric, and despite the Taylor and Larravie that showed up the Guilds got all the use (why am i not surprised).

All of a sudden my wifre realizes why you have to have at lease four guitars -- what if someone didn't have a guild to play to play, or even worse was forced to play theri own guitar?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Cal,

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I had a couple of guys over to play and they asked to see my guitars. Theirs never left the case. We played for 3 hours. Sort of makes ya feel good, doesn't it?
:)
West