Jeff, Have you been to Texas with your drill bit?

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Wester,

First the bluesbird, then the songbird, and now the jailbird. That's the model Glen Campbell played when he spent a few days in the joint here in Phoenix.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
What did old Glen do there in Phoenix? Sounds like he may have done some work there for the county other than being the lineman. Wait a minute, didn't he get caught there with some loco weed or something? Like 20-25 years ago?

:lol: West

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
A year or two ago, he got busted for drunk driving. It's too bad because he's a decent guy, not your arrogant star. I went to meet him when his autobio came out ten years ago. And he's a monster player too. He's one of the few guys who I've heard play bluegrass with a 12 string.

Here's another object lesson in how hard it is for former addicts to stay clean. I don't know why people keep drinking and drugging when there are so many cases in the news of people getting screwed up on it.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Addiction Darryl, mine is tobacco! :evil: I suppose after all these years I accept it thinking it's not too bad. The stuff still kills ya.

Glen is a super player. I suppose all those guys with guitars named after them are. Great to hear he's a great guy too. Met his ex-wife a long time ago...no further comment on that.

West

Squawk

Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
...Here's another object lesson in how hard it is for former addicts to stay clean. I don't know why people keep drinking and drugging when there are so many cases in the news of people getting screwed up on it.

Amen. I developed an aversion to both when I played bars while in college. It came to a point where I would tell impaired hecklers, etc. that I was getting paid to be there - what was their excuse?

But what I find more shocking is the number of young people who take up smoking - and at even earlier ages than our generation. Just the other night, I was out for pizza with my daughter - the waitress - a young, nice looking girl who couldn't have been more than 15 - maybe 16 - left 3 or 4 times to go outside for a cigarette. And given the anti-smoking laws and publicity today, I don't get it. This restaurant was in PA - they voluntarily prohibited smoking, though a state law is expected soon. Such laws exist in NY (a few years) and NJ (since April).

And West, I do feel for you. I never smoked but my wife did. She'd stop for each pregnancy, then start again - except the last time. She remained smoke-free from 1985 until her death in 2000 - but it wasn't easy - especially the first year. BTW, h death was probably not related to her almost 20 years of smoking.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Thanks Squaker, I don't smoke, I dip Copenhagen....ravenously! It's the heroin of all tobacco, and extremely hard to stop. I'll keep trying though....next can :twisted: . No, I really would like to quit. I've tried Nicorette, the patches, even a script for something that made me crazier than I am. I have put it down in the past for a couple weeks at a time. But I would love to quit permenently.

West