Paul McCartney concert

carson17912

Reaction score
Hello Guild people: Tonight on A&E at 10:00 PM eastern time, Paul McCartney will appear as per his 2005 US tour. I hope you all can watch it. If you missed the 2005 tour, here's your chance to see it, with better seats than at the concert!!!! (as per TV Guide) carson

dklsplace

Reaction score
I watched most of it. Great show, though no Guild sightings. Too many crowd shots for my taste, but interesting to see all the stars there. Also noted quite a bit of footage slightly out of sync with the music...perhaps on purpose, but distracting.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
quite a bit of footage slightly out of sync with the music...

It seems to be a common phenomenon on cable TV music broadcasts.

The new all music TV channel out here "The Tube" is always a second or two out of sync. Criminy, the amount of money involved in the Cable TV business you'd think they'd fix it in the first day or so.

Still, it's better than "Oprah" or reruns of "Roseanne". And I do so miss the Rosie O'Donnel show.

Was that the McCartney Bangladesh Concert?

carson17912

Reaction score
A&E Paul McCartney US Concert part II

Great comments from two of our members. I saw at least one out of synch music. In documentaries this is quite common. I'm sure the DVD will match up perfectly, but if it doesn't, it's still one of The Beatles!!!!!! I did spot a Guild guitar during the show. The blond guy on Paul's left is playing a Dreadnought during the song: "Too Many People". I saw this show in Philadelphia the second night he was there. Not only does this guy play this Guild acoustic, but I mentioned before he plays a Guild bass. It appears to be a Guild Starfire IV body with the 4 bass strings. I did note that Paul is back using VOX amplification. The other two guys use marshal stacks. I taped this particular show from the TV and I'll check it again for more "stuff"...............carson

dklsplace

Reaction score
Carson, I was trying to get a good look at that acoustic, but wasn't sold on it being a Guild. Hope you can freeze frame it cleanly enough to see for sure.

In one of McCartney's previous tours, there were regular sightings of an old M-85 bass. I'd love to have my hands on one of those!

carson17912

Reaction score
paul McCartney concert Pt. III

Good news, I did freeze frame and it was a Guild. Lots of spectators in show because the theme of the concert film was as paul put it: "music is vibrations, and some of these vibrations bring about many emotions in different people." He wanted to find the answers to why and how, so there is a lot of cuts into the audience. Great commentary from celebs, and different college professors on this question. I guess it's true. When I saw Frank Sinatra sing: "the gal that got away/it never entered my mind" medley, the guy sang it so beautifully he brought me to tears. I can listen to live blues bands for days on end and their performances always send me. And the Beatles together and solo for me are the penultimate soundtrack of my life. It's been quite a ride so far.................carson

carson17912

Reaction score
paul McCartney concert Pt. IV

i couldn't agree with you more brother, it's a shame that a man who has brought so much happiness to millions around the world should find heartbreak in his 60's. As Woody Allen said: "the world would be such a nice place if it weren"t for some people." (from radio days).............carson

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The first time I saw her (when I was giving Paul a bass lesson) I said to myself, That's a miserable, arrogant, golddigger. She she's always sneering.