Finally, A diagnosis!

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
At a Halloween party last night, I picked up a guitar (a small Yamaha) and started playing a bit. A couple of guests, including the host were a little surprised that I actually had my own fingerpicks. Anyhow, the hostess, a medical professional of great esteem in these parts offered to let my play her "good" guitar, a Carvin acoustic electric. She asked what kind of guitar I have and, well, you know the rest..... she then told me that her brother, another doc, has the same "disease" as the rest of us -- he refers to it as GAS -- guitar aquisition syndrome.

Fortunately, there is no known cure!

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
That afliction is getting well known.

If you go over to the Tacoma site, you will find them discussing the effects of GAS too!

dklsplace

Reaction score
My GAS got the better of me tonight in the form of a neck-thru 6 string DeArmond Pilot Pro bass. :shock:

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
dklsplace said:
My GAS got the better of me tonight in the form of a neck-thru 6 string DeArmond Pilot Pro bass. :shock:

Don - Way to go! You're the one who got me hooked on DeArmonds and I'm forever greatful. GAS is good when you're paying DeArmond prices and getting Guild quality.

HoboKen

Reaction score
I do like my Korean DeArmond Starfire III! You are right......Guild quality at a price I could afford.