Golf bags and mike stands

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Mike stands, speaker stands, fold-up music stands - what a pain to haul around. I haven't used my golf clubs in years, so I'm think of putting them up on eBay and using the bag and its nice wheeled cart to haul the stands. I'll let you know if it works.

gilligan

Reaction score
Guildmark,

Great idea! My Dad went to a military college in Georgia around 1960 and I use his old duffle bag. Its’ that old canvas material that weighs a ton and feels like its ½” thick; opens at one end and everything slides right in; looks like it has been in an attic for 45 years (actually it was for 35 before I dug it out); I’m a photographer and I also use it for light stands and tripods.
It’s great that you came up with something that has wheels. I can think outside the box sometimes, I just don’t think far enough to put the lid back on.

gilligan

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I used to use my dad's canvas parachute stuff bag to haul clothes back and forth from college. Nearly indistructable. :wink:

Bing k

Reaction score
We use "speaker stand" bags for our mic stands. drum hardware, and of course speaker stands. They work great and the price is usually decent. They have a shoulder strap and a suitcase handle so you can pick up two or three of them to go along while you push an amp along on the dock cart. Less trips to and from the trailer at 3 in the morning. Hint-tag or color code them so you know what is what.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Bing,

Obviously I've not heard of such a device. :lol:

I couldn't find it on the store's website, either. Can you post a photo or a link to give us an idea of how they work?
And, if it looks like a golf bag and cart ........ :wink:

Thanks!

Bing k

Reaction score
Now there is something I had not thought of. One could use a pull type golf cart to haul these stand bags around. I'll get a picture today while at the store. It's a Fender number from the Onstage line of stage hardware.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Got one of those a couple years ago. MF had a special, 6 tripod stands with the bag for $99 & free shipping. Donated 3 of the stands to church & now have plenty of room for extra gear when I play out.