Michael Gulezian: Long time Guild Twelver

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thank you, Darryl.

Okay, here's the small world, complete circle, story of the day.
The venue this fellow is playing at, St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, is my alma mater. I was a freshman there in April, 1971 when Leo Kottke did a concert on campus that changed my life for the better and forever.

There may be somone in that audience for whom this Michael Galezian is doing the same thing. He's quite good, I have to admit, but I've never heard of him. Yet I believe I said the same thing just before that Kottke concert 35 years ago.

Mark

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
How many times have you been asked about the bullet holes left by the James Gang?

I saw Gulezian about twenty two years ago at the other end of the state: Bemidji State U, where I "lived" for three years. He had an album or two. I remember one had a 212 on the cover.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Ya know, Doc, it isn't as much fun telling the story since they got PC and changed the name of the festival from "Jesse James Days" to "The Defeat of Jesse James Days". But once in a while the Powers/Fonda film comes on or "The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid" and I get to recount some history.

I will definitely look up some more Galezian. Anybody willing to go to Bemidji for a gig is worthy of respect. :wink:

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Anybody who goes to Bemidji for a job is desperate. And it's the only reason anybody is there. Everybody tries to get out, and those that can't are the ones who run the town.