Any one have Noah's number

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
...FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT..

[img:320:240]http://www.kirotv.com/2003/1119/2650078.jpg[/img]Sheesh,

Anyone have Noah's cell number. I need a few pointers on caulking up the ARK.

We have a realtively new term being bantered about the media out here, "Pineapple Express", Something like 5 inches of rain in the last 72 hours & another 2 to 6 inches due tonight

This keeps up I won't need a dehumidifier for my gits, I'll need drains installed in all of them. Or outboard motors.

FLOOD WATCH
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA
451 AM PST MON NOV 6 2006

...EXCESSIVE RAINFALL IN WESTERN WASHINGTON THROUGH THIS EVENING
WILL POSE A THREAT OF MAJOR RIVER FLOODING..

.PERIODS OF HEAVY RAINFALL WILL OCCUR TODAY BEFORE DECREASING IN INTENSITY TONIGHT. TOTAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 6 INCHES ARE LIKEY ACROSS MUCH OF THE LOWLANDS...WITH AMOUNTS EXCEEDING 8 INCHES ON THE SOUTHWEST FACING SLOPES OF THE OLYMPICS AND
CASCADES. THIS AMOUNT OF RAIN WILL DRIVE NUMEROUS RIVERS ABOVE
FLOOD STAGE.

THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR MAJOR FLOODING ON THE FOLLOWING RIVERSNOOKSACK...SKAGIT...SNOQUALMIE...SNOHOMISH...TOLT...SKOKOMISH..PUYALLUP...CARBON...AND COWLITZ.

IN ADDITION TO THE POTENTIAL FOR MAJOR RIVER FLOODING...THE THREAT OF URBAN FLOODING WILL ALSO INCREASE DURING THE DAY TODAY AS THE RAINS INTENSIFY.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
we camped on the banks of the Nooksack one time, Jeff :D It rained...

john_kidder

Reaction score
Just in case you all think that Jeff's the only one getting a wee bit damp, let me assure that here in Vancouver all is wet, wet, wet. But I was out for a lunch meeting today, and we were a little self-congratulatory about the rain, along the lines of "Well, feels like home now", and more importantly (Jeff will understand) "Thank God it's finally raining - if word ever got out about how unbelievably beautiful it is to live here, we'd be crowded out in a few years. It's only the myth that rain is hard to live with that keeps the hordes away."

But, that said, it is a wee bit damp.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
john_kidder said:
"Thank God it's finally raining - if word ever got out about how unbelievably beautiful it is to live here, we'd be crowded out in a few years. It's only the myth that rain is hard to live with that keeps the hordes away."

I have only been to the BC - Alberta border thus far John, Radium actually, but the wife and I are heading out next year for our 25th. We're going to spend a couple of days in Vancouver, then visit a niece in Victoria for a couple more, tour up the coast a bit and head home. We're training it from TO to Vancouver then flying back.

I've been down east several times and just love it. Have seen the mountains from Jasper and Banff and now making plans for the left coast.

I'll pack an umbrella.

G

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ventured out for a bit this afternoon. Doesn't seem so bad here on the plateau. I took the opportunity to inspect a couple engineering projects

Some are working better than others.

[img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/pb21c495ce80ded4ad97fbd09da41df42/ec292fd0.jpg[/img][img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/pca556a04d51d292f741cbd40c940b553/ec292f6b.jpg[/img]

[img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p7c47aadc85e7a5b192c8ad1fc909761b/ec292efa.jpg[/img]

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Send a bunch of that down here Jeff, we're dry as a bone. All the lakes are drying up! You might want to reconsider that waterproof Guild that didn't sell here a while back.

West

john_kidder

Reaction score
Graham said:
We're training it from Toronto to Vancouver then flying back

Now there's a trip. When I was a kid we rode Vancouver-Montreal or back several times as the old man headed for fresh mines in the north - then my travels to military college in Quebec were always by train, and since then only a couple of short trips with my kids, Vancouver-Banff.

I keep promising myself that one day when I do some good business in Toronto I'll treat myself to a train ride back home - just hang out in the dome car, have a drink or two, hell, maybe even bring along a guitar just for old time's sake.

You'll have a lovely time.

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Wow -- so that stuff is for real. Everytime we gut a little rumble or puff of smoke here in Southern Californa the media make it out to be Armageddon. I hate those early morning earthquakes when all we want to do is go to sleep and everyone east of the Colorado River starts calling at 5 AM to see if we've fallen into the ocean.

Hang in there......

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cal,

It ain't Armegeddon here just yet, finally quit raining about an hour ago. Water is no longer cascading down the streets.

Unfortunate folks in some of the low areas have real enough problems. Local supply houses are doing a banner pump business. Lots of leaky basements & flooded crawl spaces.

Remember, you heard it first here at LTG. :p

california

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Cal,

Remember, you heard it first here at LTG. :p

That's what the internet is all about!

If you're worried about all of your beautiful guitars you can ship them down south for a while....

john_kidder

Reaction score
2000 homes evacuated yesterday in Chilliwack (no jokes please, that is the name of the town), local state of emergency declared. But, as Jeff says, drying out today.

Hey, that's life here on the Wet Coast.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well John, I'm sorely tempted !

Strangely enough, we're having appalling weather on our Wet Coast too !
Strange things are happening to customary weather patterns, Can't blame the bloody Frogs anymore; they stopped nuclear-testing in our back-yard years ago ! And then took to an act of terrorism in Auckland harbour for a bit of variety !

COCHONS !!

john_kidder

Reaction score
Well, Coastie, extreme weather is going to be the way of the world, isn't it? It's not the nukes, it's those old fossils going up in smoke.

Even if the industrialized world gets its act together to dramatically cut carbon emissions, and there's absolutely no evidence of that anywhere, still our children and grandchildren are going to inhabit a planet that us geezers wouldn't recognize. Greenland ice cap gone by 2040 = 7 meters in sea level rise. We ain't seen nothing yet. The rains have just begun, and Noah's going to look like a desert dweller.

HoboKen

Reaction score
Reminds me of what "Agnes" did to PA in the 70's

Johnny sings again...."How high's the water Momma?" Momma!!

HoboKen