Sweetwater Folk on internet radio

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Wow! What a full sound they're getting. This is a real find. It's like folk orchestra.

Also, I like Irish folk because I can sorta play along on mando. Gotta get a tenor banjo too. (They're tuned the same).

But if it's hammered dulcimer you want, listen to the Wester when he's hammered. Which is 24-7.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I feel like Butch and Sundance: Who ARE those guys?

This reminds me of a street musician I saw in Berkely 21 years ago who was playing what he called a "cymbalom." I thought it was something he invented and that it was the only one on earth. But I just googled it (I can't stop googling now that Coastie told me how) and found this, anong other things.

http://www.cimbalom.org/cwa/newsJan99.php

Meanwhile I can't believe what I'm hearing. It's a tad like Pentangle and Steeleye Span.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's okay, I understand, I couldn't hipped on the Oud Bits but some of the Dulcimer was special. I've moved on, the play list was somewhere 8 to 12 hours before I noticed it repeating.

Blues is on now, diverse play list, always a pretty safe bet. Singer songwriter genre is nice too.

Interesting, I survived the latest storm, a Tsunami disaster & Lord only knows what other catastrophes & only listened to the news twice today. No chatter on the net radio. 8) 8) 8)

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better, except you left out the horrid shoes.