Guild in background?

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'll have you know that we manufacture the very finest pedal steel at our steel refinery just south of Auckland, and export it world-wide !
It's slippy, (very fine aerodynamic properties) and grippy (on the soles of your shoes), and we struggle to meet the market's demands.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
West, you're CORNfused. (Remember those Homer and Jethro ads for corn flakes? There's something else those culturally deprived Newzers don't know about.)

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:D Not yet, but soon! I don't want to get political here, but I remember an interview with thiis Iraqi guy who said he was there when a political prisoner was brought before old Saddam as he drank out by one of his swimming pools. The man said that Saddam had the pool filled with some type of acid, had the man hung by his wrists suspended from a crane, and slowly lowered into the pool.

I don't give a damned what they do to him. Death by boogeroo would be fine with me.

You see there were these 3 white hunters on safari in Africa. They were captured by the natives there, and after being gawked at for a few hours they were brought one at a time before the chief.

The first was asked by the chief if he would prefer boogeroo or death, he chose boogeroo. He was immediately taken by the natives to a stool, tied down and brutally, viciously raped for hours by all the warriors.

The second was given the same choice, he too chose boogeroo with the same result, only his lasted a couple of days.

Finally the 3rd guy, having seen the fate of his 2 friends, was led before the chief and given the choice. He chose death and the chief immediately commanded "Death, death............by boogeroo!"

West

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ho, ho, ho. I like that West.

In (fairly) recent times, I was much in admiration of the way the Rumanians dealt with the Ceausescu problem, once they got the opportunity.
Convened a quick court (no bleeding-heart international meddling), a swift "guilty" verdict, literally out the back door, and a quick three shots to three heads !
Job done, no pissing around !
Now, that's my kinda justice for arseholes !

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I heard that joke before, and I think it's not only hilarious but also the meaning of life.

I don't think politics has anything to do with Saddam Insane, Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. That's not politics. It's perverse evil insanity. I hope they bury Saddam under a pile of pig poop.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
There was actually a zoo trainer who died under a pile of pachaderm dung while attempting to relax the bowles of an extremely constipated elephant through enema therapy. The report stated that the projectile poo poo shot out of the thing like a cannon, hitting the trainer who hit his headon a rock and was suffocated under several hundred pounds of piled pach poop. He won the Darwin Award. Do you remember those?

West

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Homer and Jethro ?

Were they a couple of mountain-men from "Deliverance" ?

Betcha at least one of them plays pedal-steel !

We've got lotsa flakes here in Un Zud - our political parties are full of them.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
My all-time favorite was the guy, and I remember hearing this one on network news, that decided to fly.

He got a six-pack of beer, a BB gun, a lawn chair and a bunch of surplus military weather balloons. He tied the lawn chair off to his truck bumper, filled the balloons with helium and strapped himself into the lawn chair with a belt. His theory being that he could float around for a while and drink his six pack, then shoot out the balloons with the BB gun, one at a time, and gently float back to earth.

Anyway, he cut the teather between the bumper and the chair, and the report said he ascended like he was shot out of a canon. Up to something like 10,000 feet. He freaked out so bad that he was afraid to shoot out any balloons and floated into LAX airspace, where rescue choppers couldn't retrieve him. He eventually (with an easterly wind) floated out over the Pacific. The Coast Guard helicopter attempted to drop a rescue cable to him several times, but the prop wash from the chopper kept blowing him away. A helicopter was finally dispatched with a super long cable, and he was eventually retrieved.

I love that one.

West

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Graham.

I don't believe I've ever had a Canadian beer.

Any recommendations ? I'm very partial to a dark beer/Porter/Stout.

I've found the "name" American beers to be eminently forgettable !

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
Graham.

I've found the "name" American beers to be eminently forgettable !

OK that's it, dissin mainstream US beer is really mean. Accurate but mean.

I'n not gonna spend too much time touting Canadian Beer, the darned Canucks can fend for themselves. Labatts in tall bottles is kind of a nice Summer beer.

My favorite American beer is Red Hook Ale ESB, an Englishman introduced me to it. Used to be made right in Downtown Seattle, Budweiser bought them out a few years ago & moved the Brewery, still local I think.

Out here we call em Micro Brews

[img:255:722]http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/autopics/383.jpg[/img]