How does this work?

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
Let me see if I am getting the way the LTG swap board works right:

Guild Geezer A wants to buy one of my Guilds.
Guild Geezer B will pay for it because he bought the Guild that A wants from Guild Geezer C and A knows C and will send him the money. So B will send me the money and A will send C the money.

Except B is selling his pre-war Martin in order to finance a down-payment on his new home, and won’t have any money unless the deal goes down like he wants it too. This includes selling his existing home.

But he can’t finish selling his existing home if Guild Geezer D fails to procure financing for a California-sized mortgage. So D is selling off his collection so he can get a down payment for B. And I’m watching D’s auctions and know that he’s getting no action. That’s because Guild Geezar E has not received a satisfactory offer on his Harley collection to be able to afford any of D’s handmade guitars.

But C knows I have this guitar for sell too and thinks that he can buy it and hold it for a few months and sell it on Ebay for a nice profit. So if A doesn’t send me the money that C is supposed to send to B to send to me, the whole deal goes down the drain. But maybe not, if D and E can both come through.

Am I making any sense here?

CK

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
CK,

Now I've just checked out this thread..................am I missing something? If I may be so bold....with no offense intended of course....what in the hell are you talking about? :? :D :wink:

West

Squawk

Reaction score
West -

We both must be too old and feeble 'cuz I don't get it either...

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
How ya doin' Squawk, been a while. I'm sure CK must be referring to something from another thread. You out there CK?

West

Squawk

Reaction score
Hey, West!

Was unable to log on for almost a week due to business stuff - just got back yesterday - missed everyone :)

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Cypress Knee said:
Let me see if I am getting the way the LTG swap board works right:

Guild Geezer A wants to buy one of my Guilds.
Guild Geezer B will pay for it because he bought the Guild that A wants from Guild Geezer C and A knows C and will send him the money. So B will send me the money and A will send C the money.

Except B is selling his pre-war Martin in order to finance a down-payment on his new home, and won’t have any money unless the deal goes down like he wants it too. This includes selling his existing home.

But he can’t finish selling his existing home if Guild Geezer D fails to procure financing for a California-sized mortgage. So D is selling off his collection so he can get a down payment for B. And I’m watching D’s auctions and know that he’s getting no action. That’s because Guild Geezar E has not received a satisfactory offer on his Harley collection to be able to afford any of D’s handmade guitars.

But C knows I have this guitar for sell too and thinks that he can buy it and hold it for a few months and sell it on Ebay for a nice profit. So if A doesn’t send me the money that C is supposed to send to B to send to me, the whole deal goes down the drain. But maybe not, if D and E can both come through.

Am I making any sense here?

CK

Makes perfect sense to me.

Graham

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
After being exposed to the LTG business model, I think I am going to learn Zeppelin's "Dazed and Confused" so I can play it on my trusty '73 F-50 - just about the only thing I truly believe in after being on this board for oh so many years.

CK