Can someone help me date my Starfire IV ?

Reaction score
The Serial is AG 001734 The label says "Westerly RI"

I'm interested in whether a Guitar of this vintage has Guild or Fender Manufactured Pickups - It does not sound as good as my CE-100

Also does anyone know what the CE100 D had in terms of pickups ? Was it a Standard Guild HB-1 Humbucker or a special version for Jazz Playing - i.e. not so Hot.

Any help appreciated

Jeff

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
holdgaj said:
The Serial is AG 001734 The label says "Westerly RI"

I'm interested in whether a Guitar of this vintage has Guild or Fender Manufactured Pickups - It does not sound as good as my CE-100

Also does anyone know what the CE100 D had in terms of pickups ? Was it a Standard Guild HB-1 Humbucker or a special version for Jazz Playing - i.e. not so Hot.

Any help appreciated

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Your Starfire IV with serial # AG001734 is from the year 2001.
It should have Fender Manufactured pickups but it is very easy to check that because if they are, they will say Fender on the backside of the pickup.

As far as the CE100D is concerned it just had the standard Guild HB-1 humbucker. They only had one version of that pickup, although (like with most manufacturers) one could be a little hotter than the other.

Hope this is of some help.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Dirt123

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Fender made these HB-1s themselves, or were they supplied by someone else? How are they different from Guild manufactured pickups?

Still wondering,
D