Staggering. Why not a Guild named after her?

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I concur. Thanks, Darryl.

I got turned on to Eva Cassidy about 4 years ago, and haven't been the same since. What a loss. My favorite is "I'd Know You By Heart."

And one must know that American Idol stepped all over her memory when they gave her interpretation of Over the Rainbow to Katherine McPhee.

An Eva Cassidy signature model Guild would be a great idea!

Jahn

Reaction score
Eva is a recent discovery for me too - it gets me to thinking of all the great undiscovered talents right here in NYC i'm not giving myself the chance to go see. I gotta hit the clubs!

And here's the full version of "Over the Rainbow" with Eva and her Guild in full effect - what model is that by the way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3K9zKx0kTA

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
I second Grot's guess.

My songbird has it's controls in the same inconvenient location.

It sure does play nice. Lot's of luck finding a case for it. It sure does play nice :lol:

The General

Reaction score
Wow! Eve Cassity is a recent discovery for me thanks to the LTG forum members. Between Eva and Katie Melua both of which I just discovered this week I'm pretty much just shaking my head trying to figure out why it took me so long to find them. I guess I'm not as good a hunter as I think I am. Which is why I need you guys to keep me informed!!! :oops:

Thanks again LTG!

Martin

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The Specific,

You are correct, sir. (I can't call you Martin. Or Gibson, or Taylor. Or Santa Cruz.)

Anyway, I find out all kinds of things here not just about guitars, but also about particular musicians, shows, tours, and radio shows.

You certainly are living in the sweet spot of the US. Is that photo taken near Oceanside?

Hatted Frau, etc.

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The General said:
Wow! Eve Cassity is a recent discovery for me thanks to the LTG forum members. Between Eva and Katie Melua both of which I just discovered this week I'm pretty much just shaking my head trying to figure out why it took me so long to find them. I guess I'm not as good a hunter as I think I am. Which is why I need you guys to keep me informed!!! :oops:

Thanks again LTG!

Martin

Hey Martin,

I was doing some searching and found this website. Apparently it's pretty popular for lessons and such.

This guy is currently touring with Katie. :)

The General

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Graham. I bookmark this page. I will spend sometime in the next week going over it to see what I can learn from it.

Martin :D

The General

Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
The Specific,

You certainly are living in the sweet spot of the US. Is that photo taken near Oceanside?

Hatted Frau, etc.

Photo was taken in the spring time somewhere around San Luis Opisbo on my way to Oregon. It turned out to be a real nice picture of my dog who passed away last Christmas. I put his picture up there as a little tribute to him for being such a great dog! His name was Cisco. He traveled all over the country with me. The Oregon trips were especially fun. We would take Pacific Coast Highway all the way up into Oregon and stop in Eureka where the Redwoods are. Such a beautiful place.

Martin

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Martin,

That was a great looking dog. The dogs I've had make me believe that at least some animals have a soul, just as sure as some people don't. If Buddhists, Hindus, and Native Americans can believe it, so can I.

My favorite drive in the US is Hiway 1 and Hiway 101. I daydream about where I'd like to live along the coast. I have it narrowed down to anyplace between San Diego and Seattle.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
http://www.carmosaic.com/weather/forecast.php

National Weather Service Forecast for Long Beach, WA USA

Forecast For: Long Beach, WA USA - 15.6 miles northwest of Astoria.

Tonight :Mostly Cloudy
Lo 55
Hi 69°F

Monday: Mostly Cloudy
Lo 56°F
Hi 84°F

MondayNight: Clear

Tuesday: Sunny
Lo 56°F
Hi 78°

Wednesday Mostly Sunny
Lo 57°F
Hi 67°F

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jeff,

In '74, I spent one of the nicest days of my life just walking around downtown Seattle. It was a little like San Francisco in the 50s--still Victorian.

I also had a nice time in Chelan by a trout pool at the foot of a waterfall. When I went back in '85 to see the trout pool and waterfall, it was dried up. They had diverted the river.

It sure is hot here in Phoenix right now.

How hot is it?

It's so hot that the teenagers have to use pot-holders for stealing hubcaps.

That's an old one from Johnny Carson. Here's a new one from John Rickard, the greatest steel guitar player in the Southwest: "Phoenix--it's a dry heave."

The General

Reaction score
I never could figure out why anyone would want to live in Phoenix. It's hotter than hell there! And the humidity gets real high which makes it worse. One of my close friends is from there and he goes there once a week to pick up business equipment. Every once in a while I do the run for him. It's pure hell in the summertime. Way to hot for me. I live just a few miles from the beach and it's normally around 70 or 80 degrees. It can get hotter maybe 95 in August. I can't take that 120 degree stuff. I'll leave that stuff for you guys. I will say one thing about phoenix, the Arizona dessert is beautiful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martin

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Martin,

I hate to break this too you, but retirees from Texas move to Arizona all the time, they claim that it's much dryer there and easier on the repsiratory system. I don't know if that's a testiment to how dry Arizona is, or how humid Texas is?

I do have a friend who's daughter played in a softball tourney in Phoenix last year. when he got back home, he asked if I'd ever heard that the heat there was bearable because it was a "dry heat"? Then he did say, "well, I don't if the humidity there is "0", 120 degrees is ^&*(#$% HOT!

West

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
It gets humid in July and August. During that time, a lot of Aridzone retirees get out of here and go over to the California coast.

It may be a dry heat, but it's a HOT heat. In the summer, as soon as that sun comes up you feel it broiling your skin, a lot like opening an oven. Still, I'd rather be here in the summer than in the midwest because the humidity bothers me more than the heat.