Guild's at Jim's shop

Pike

Reaction score
Wow, cool, my buddy Jim at one of the local shops has decided to drop his Martins and is selling 'em all out. And guess what will take their place? Yup, the new Guilds! Right on, right on. He was saying everybody is talking about and asking about them. He had a Guild rep bring some to him to play and he knew right away. Oh yeah, Jim lets me sit and play as long as I wish, so I'm gonna have some fun with all the new Guilds.

Pike

Reaction score
Uptown Music, Keizer (borders north of my town of Salem), Oregon. Jim is also one of the finest people on the planet.

Bing k

Reaction score
Since we put Guild in the store I have no desire to stock any competitor in American made.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Guild rep is working his way South. The new Guilds showed up here a couple weeks ago.

Now we will see if they start selling, the local shop here hasn't sold one yet. Now, If I was Guild I'd be auditioning members of this forum, looking for a few good pickers to show the New Guilds here & there.
I'd give ya a D 55 to demo, & gas money, 12% of sales (make that 7%), maybe help with some flyers or ads for your next gig.

Criminy, I think I'll stop in the factory next week & apply for a sales gig myself. I could work pretty cheap & still come out ahead, I'm going to all the darned places pretty regular anyway,

Maybe I can work it in next Thursday right after my 1st guitar lesson in 30 years.

Pike

Reaction score
Oh Yes Jeff, the word's going to get out all right. At the price point, and the way these guitars sound, it can't help but happen.

J45dale

Reaction score
Good luck in getting thru to the Fender Marketing genious in charge of pushing the Guild brand at the street level!
I own a marketing firm, for years we have sold everything from Major Home Appliances to retailers, to complex surgical equipment to hospitals, both regionaly and nationly, thru field reps.
I also hang out in guitar stores and as we are out there on the road anyway,I actualy had our sec. attempt to contact Fender to discuss the possiblitys of a stright commision deal. No Response.
They do not even have a dept to contact? Finally a lady did call and leave word that if we wanted to open a store we would have to be a established retailer of guitars for at least 1 year! So they compleatly missed the point.
In my area they market Guild thru the the Fender electric dealers, who are electric guitar dealers mainly, and they carry very few acustics, they are a afterthought with no push at the field level. Forget strings on display or a good selection of guitars to play. This could be easily changed by direct sales calls and enthusium, but on this matter Fender appears clueless!
Great guitars at all price point levels, just a poor marketing plan. But with their $ that could and should change at any time.
Dale.

Pike

Reaction score
Doesn't matter Dale, these are going to be selling themselves. Words getting out.

J45dale

Reaction score
Pike, I agree...but it would still be a sweet line-up to rep, in the backwoods, and small market towns.
Dale