G-Shield Stickers. Any Interest ?

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I can get these made in any size/colour, at little expense.
(Those shown are gold-coloured).

Any interest in, say, a set of five in various sizes ? OR, the set may include the Guild inverted V logo.

Don would handle sales, and make a few bucks to defray Forum running-costs.

These things stick like poo to a blue blanket, and wont easily come off.

The truss rod cover, incidentally, is made from Greenstone (Jade). Our West Coast yields the World's best.
Wish I could offer TRC's, but they're (moderately) expensive to make. Look great though, and Greenstone comes in a huge variety of colours.
A set of tuner buttons would look stunning.

[IMG:800:600]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/coastie99/IMG_0595.jpg[/img]

[IMG:695:799]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/coastie99/IMG_0596.jpg[/img]

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here's my little Maton with a Greenstone pickguard added.

This will no doubt have some of you wondering about it's effect on soundboard resonance !

IMG_0542.jpg

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Can't say I noticed any difference.
But then of course, the guitar was away at the doctor's for a week or so, and ears don't "remember".

Resonates and sustains just fine as far as my ears can determine.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

Interesting top on the Maton. What's it made of?

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hiya Jeff.

The top is Bunya, an Australian native.

YES !! Coastie has an OZ-tralian guitar !

This was my first guitar. Looked all over Christchurch, in all the guitar shops, at Martins, Taylors and all manner of flash kit, and this was the one that screamed "Buy ME !"
Couldn't play a note at the time, but the aesthetic of the guitar was so appealing - very well made, and nicely understated. No flash, no gloss, just a basic, albeit top-quality guitar.
And of course, it sounded pretty darned good to me when Charlie demo'ed it.

I'll never sell it.

http://www.maton.com.au

IMG_0543.jpg

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I've only ever heard good things about Maton. Not a large producer but high quality and great sound. Mostly traditional lines and such. Maybe like Huss & Dalton, or Bourgeois here in the states. Does that seem right to anyone else?

And hey, they're good enough for Tommy Emmanuel!

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, Guild stickers. I'll take one set and two extra large, perhaps suitable ornamentaion for a case.

Pike

Reaction score
I'm a sign guy and can easily make the stickers for myself, but how much for a greenstone truss rod cover?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Caostman,

I've been wondering if you think the truss rod cover guy could make the standard Guild cover out of turquoise, red coral and onyx for the DV73? What is his website again? It would be cool if he could inlay the "G" shield in stone, on a different color stone backround.

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

I never thought to ask what the back & sides are made of untill you posted the pics.

[img:640:480]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/coastie99/IMG_0543.jpg[/img] Nice clean looking guitar, front & back. Pickguard's a nice touch.

Looks mint, does it have much playwear :p

john_kidder

Reaction score
Wow,West - now that could be a trophy truss rod cover.

Your guitars are already nicely dressed. A cover, done carefully in fine stone, could be a beautiful complement to the abalone and pearl.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A cover, done carefully in fine stone, could be a beautiful complement to the abalone and pearl.

I've been to the guys website, forgot his name. Once Coastie reminds us the fellas name you can all look at his work.

I'm pretty sure he could do one in abalone & pearl looking like it belonged on West's flash boxes.

I'm thinking of "Smoky Obsidian" or maybe "Montana Agate" for the new D 25 BK. No, I think Opal, any of you ever seen a pretty lady sporting a pair of Fire Opal earrings. I've only seen it the one time & it was a while back, was nice enough I still have a pretty clear image. :wink:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West.

Gidday on a particularly scungy West Coast morning.

My Greenstone man works only with Greenstone, but down the road a little, there's at least one bloke who works with shells and bone and stuff. Don't know about torquoise though.

I'll have a think about it this morning and report back.
In the meantime, here's Ken's website. Check out all the colour nuances of Greenstone.

http://www.westcoastjade.co.nz

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Thanks Coastie,

Looks like all jade, he does make some handsome stuff though. Someone here recently had a truss rod cover made out of abalone, but I can't remember who it was. The thing about the 73 is that there isn't any abalone on it. All the inlay is turquoise, coral and onyx.

West