Bluesbird Straplocks

bk913

Reaction score
Are the straplocks on a '97 bluesbird supposed to be different types? Any photos would be great. I'm looking mostly at the straplock on the bottom. The one on my BB is different than the one on the top.

thanks much

bk913

Reaction score
after some searching

Checked out the fender forum where the topic of strap button on BB's has been done. Has anyone here replaced the button? Thoughts?

dklsplace

Reaction score
No thoughts on changing the originals, but if you're looking, I have a few options available.

Are you having problems with yours, or just that they appear to be different?

hideglue

Reaction score
bk913 said:
Are the straplocks on a '97 bluesbird supposed to be different types? Any photos would be great. I'm looking mostly at the straplock on the bottom. The one on my BB is different than the one on the top.

thanks much

There are quite a few this way. Much like the S-100s from that time. The endpin strap button was solid and hammered into the body (some cut too short and later fall out). Because that hole's diameter was also used for hanging hooks, the screw- in button could only be used at the upper bout.

bk913

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i'm not having problems with mine, was just curious as to why they were different.