I'm Now an M/C Club Moderator

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
I was recently interviewed, invited, and and accepted a full time moderator position with My Motorcycle Club. We are a 4700+ member board, with Florida having one of the highest concentrations of members.

I never thought that I was even in the running, but apparently I was a top choice. I guess it pays to stay out of political and religious arguments, yet pay attention to the garage, and other help topics.

The Florida people have something going nearly every week, and I just finished My gig last Saturday. We had 26 folks meet on Anna Maria Island, West Coast, near Bradenton, Florida.

Here's a pic of the event.....Me? I'm the one up front, left, black vest, white shirt.
[img:902:472]http://www.geocities.com/flawada007/2ndAnnualAnnaMariaFest.jpg[/img]

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey Doc,

Good luck keeping that group of "Hell's Angel's" in line. Congrats...............how much does that job pay? :wink:

West

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Moderating a bunch of Guild guitar players is one thing, but moderating a bunch of bikers is a completely different thing!!

Congratulations!

My brother-in-law in Chicago is a rider. He came down to visit us in Alabama last summer and then went up to ride "The Tail Of The Dragon". I feel sure you know what that is.

Reaction score
8) Dr. P, cool dude. I signed up on that forum last year under the same name here. It's a great source of info & the folks seem nice. I bought a '05 C-50T a year ago Nov. Didn't get my first ride in 'til around Spring due to having my Thyroid removed. I guess I have about 400 miles under my 59 year butt.

I'll never be a Iron butt guy. Just for fun & I'm trying to be safe. I went out sunday & rode for about 45 mins. I've had 4 lumbar surgeries & have 3 discs in my neck that are shot.

Ride safe & keep the shiney side up.

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Jake, I see You on the VR all the time, My friend! Thought You were one and the same.

It's good to have common interests.

Like You, I've had a Lumbar invasive procedure back in 1999. The Doc removed the Lamin bones from 3 vertebrae, and also performed disc repairs. I know how Your back feels......some good days, some bad! My cervical discs are bulging as well. Hard work and age really take a toll, don't they?

Glad You are able to ride some, I have to use major pain control for those 300 and 400 mile rides I occasionally participate in. Some day, We'll have to jamb together.....if You're ever coming to SW Florida, give a PM here or on the VR site. Likewise if I'm heading up to Your woods.

Reaction score
8) Cool Dr P. I really haven't logged onto the site in 3 months or so. I also use "pain" meds daily but I still hurt. 20 years of chronic pain can wipe a good man out. I don't think I could do a couple of hundred miles. lol

Yes, we need to get together sometime. I have a buddy who has a condo in PC. You live near there?

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
PC?
It's 5 minutes away! Let Me know when You will be there.

I have to read lots of posts, including past posts, and I frequently see a posting by You, so to Me, it's the same as seeing you there on VR.com

HoboKen

Reaction score
Doc.,

Just wonderin' how being a club chieften has been for you?

I got an '07 Vulcan 900LT last fall.

Hoboken

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
HoboKen said:
Doc.,

Just wonderin' how being a club chieften has been for you?

I got an '07 Vulcan 900LT last fall.

Hoboken

Congrats on the new bike, Hoboken! Chieftain hmmmm........Have You ever sat on a tack? (that's how it feels) :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

It's working out fine bro. Keeps Me busy, and keeps Me thinking.

Reaction score
Hoboken, nice bike dude. 8) Enjoy her!

We have had a few days the last few months that were in upper 60's & low 70's. I rode some to work to save on gas. I even went when it was about 50. Not too bad & not but 12 miles. My friggin neck & shoulders did a major flare up last Sunday. :x :x Just now easing up today. I wanted to ride this week but I hurt to damn bad. I'm going this weekend if I can. The weather is going to be nice.

Dr. P., I dig that alias of yours @ Volusia Forum. If you are not to far from PC., maybe you can come this way & we will go to the Barber Museum.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Heelo Jake, how's the world treating you? Good to hear from you. Dance lessons still going well?

West

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Heelo Jake, how's the world treating you? Good to hear from you. Dance lessons still going well?

West

:) :) :) Howdy West, still taking classes. Going to 1 in 45 mins. I still enjoy it, but it is difficult & frustrating at times. Me & my dance teacher did a basic Tango routine in Dec. Nothing flashy.

I needs me some more Guilds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
I've got a nice 1966 F312 Brazilian Hoboken still looking for a nice new home...but I won't let it go cheap, sorry. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Dr Izza Plumber

Reaction score
Jake The Loafer said:
Dr. P., I dig that alias of yours @ Volusia Forum. If you are not to far from PC., maybe you can come this way & we will go to the Barber Museum.

PM sent, Bro. Would love to meet You, and We can jam at My pad.

HoboKen

Reaction score
Doc, Jake, Anyone,

What's the "skinny" on the TCB Brake Systems TCB/Traction Control Braking component after-market traction control for motorcycles? Anyone know if it really is that good at they are saying...is equal to a factory installed ABS system...or even close? I'm thinkin' this would be good for stops and near stops on gravel roads and road-side sand, etc. situations, not to mention a panic stop.

HoboKen