Sarah Jory

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sarah Jory.

It seems eminently bad form to me, to be squeezing out a fart whilst performing for your adoring public !

As for the other........AAAAAGH !!! Too cowboy !!

Sorry fellas, I just HATE cowboy music !

(Jeez !. I'll bet this starts a stoush !! )

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, I tried the first three, and the last one.

The rest will take me some time.

I tried hard, and I have no doubt that all these guys are stellar musicians (I know that Danny Gatton is - was? - very highly regarded ), but mate, I'm sorry; these guys just ain't speaking my language.

Oh, and please ! No Hawaiian-music clips.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sleepwalk Santo & Johnny

Coastie says
Sorry fellas, I just HATE cowboy music

I can understand someone making such an insensitive generalized statement, particularly if that person never experienced the joints where Country music is played. You know, the fights in the parking lot, folks tossin their cookies from excesses, smelly, wet floor in the men's restroom, dollar pitchers of beer & ladies nite on Thursdays & all the rest of the ambiance that is the real country music. Records & television just aren't the same at all.

Failing to have proper reverence & appreciation for Steel Guitars is unfathomable, (that is a real word isn't it? spelling aside). What the devil is in that Kiwi beer?

Did the man from almost down under miss this bit a while back, maybe I remember it so fondly because this was the tune where you actually got to touch the girls when they agreed to dance: Hawaiian music my eye !!!These guys was Puerto Ricans.
http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=tra ... from=guide

I saw a girl dobro player doubling on steel the other day & it was a religious experience. I think she was playing with the band backing Garrison Keilor.(pretty far from cowboy music)( maybe not all that far) Had the show ended with an alter call I'd have gone forward.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Re: Sleepwalk Santo & Johnny

Jeff said:
I saw a girl dobro player doubling on steel the other day & it was a religious experience. I think she was playing with the band backing Garrison Keilor.(pretty far from cowboy music)( maybe not all that far) Had the show ended with an alter call I'd have gone forward.

The female steel player on Keilor's Prairie Home Companion is Cindy CashDollar. Yeah, Baby!

http://www.cindycashdollar.com/site/

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
When I emailed her about you, she said, "'Coastie'?????? Come on, you're jivin' me !!!!!!"

Then I emailed her some of your posts, and she said, "Yep. You're jivin' me."

The I emailed her a photo of Hatted Frau, and she said, "God is jivin' you."

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cashdollar ??????

Come on,you're jivin' me !!!!!!

Not at all man , not at all. She's a business lady, rarely receives nuisance calls.