Pickup Rings.

hep_yosef

Reaction score
Hello all,
Is there a source for guild humbucker pickup rings? Will a standard archtop ring work? I need them for a 65 starfire. Thanks.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Sure there is...what pickups are you putting in the SF?

hep_yosef

Reaction score
I am putting in a set of the "anti-hum" mini-pickups from 1967.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Hans, would those be like the vintage clone ('59) size rings? If not, Allparts doesn't carry anything that would fit the original pickups.

hep_yosef

Reaction score
Hello Hans,
I do already have the pickups. Thanks for the assistance though. As for the size of the holes: the neck hole is 3 1/2 wide by 1 1/2 tall by 1 deep (someone tried widening it at some point to the current length of 1 1/2 instead of the standard 1 3/8). The bridge hole is 3 1/2 by 1 3/8 by 1 deep. I hope that a pickup ring will cover this 1/4 inch discrepancy. Also, what color should I find? Thanks.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Hans, would those be like the vintage clone ('59) size rings? If not, Allparts doesn't carry anything that would fit the original pickups.

Hello Don,

To the best of my knowledge there's nobody who makes anything that would fit these sixties small Guild humbucking units.

hep_yosef said:
Hello Hans,
I do already have the pickups. Thanks for the assistance though. As for the size of the holes: the neck hole is 3 1/2 wide by 1 1/2 tall by 1 deep (someone tried widening it at some point to the current length of 1 1/2 instead of the standard 1 3/8). The bridge hole is 3 1/2 by 1 3/8 by 1 deep. I hope that a pickup ring will cover this 1/4 inch discrepancy. Also, what color should I find? Thanks.

Hello hep_yosef,

The width of the original mounting rings from that period is a little more than 1-5/8 of an inch, so with a little luck you should be able to cover both the existing body routings.
If you're referring to the color of the mounting rings then I believe they were only available in black.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

dklsplace

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there's nobody who makes anything that would fit these sixties small Guild humbucking units.

I was afraid of that.