Happy Ending

stlpikn

Reaction score
This is just a follow up tp my post last week about the Bigsby B-6 and the roller bridge I put on my X-500. The roller bridge just absolutey killed and distorted the sound of the guitar. The bridge also had too high of a profile, even when adjusted as low as I could get it and sanding as much off of the wood base as possible. This all left me with a guitar the sounded terrible and the action was too high. :(

All's well that ends well though. A friend of mine found one of the original Bigsby compensated aluminum bridges and I installed that yesterday. It has plenty of up and down adjustment to get the action set right where I like it. And best of all, just about all of the woderful sound of this beauty is back! So tonight I am one happy camper. :D

Thought I would pass this along in case someone else is having similar problems. If you're using a roller bridge and are not happy with the way your guitar sounds this might be the answer you're looking for.

Jim

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Rumpelstilskin,

Agreed. That's the only bridge I use with my smallsbys.

RE: "It has plenty of up and down adjustment to get the action set right where I like it." Did Coastie do the work for you?

stlpikn

Reaction score
Did Coastie do the work for you?

Nah, I tried to get him but, he was off a huntin' them dem pink tiggers. :p

'Sides that, some things a feller is just better off doin hisself. :D

Jim