Replacement Pickguards

KuuKOO

Reaction score
I'm looking to spruce up my black Corona rockabilly a bit now that I A/B'd it with a whole bunch of stuff at the local guitar shop (nice to do that occasionally to alleviate GAS). Strange, it absolutely KILLED a new historic 175 with P-90s... (fThe Gibbo was very pretty but blechy pups)

Does anyone make decent replacement pickguards that will fit the DeArmonds? I'm thinking white or even tortiseshell.

Thanks in advance.

KK

Century Bob

Reaction score
I think the black pickguard on the black rockabillys is too plain looking. I ordered pickgaurd material from stewmac and made three different gaurds. I had the pinstriped so now I can change them as my mood changes.[/img]

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Charlie,

DOH! I'm sliding from geezerdom to Alzheimersdom. Then it's on to Coastiedom.

But I like Jimmie Vaughan, so maybe you too are riding on the Senility Express. Pretty soon you'll be Charlie Sun City.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Chas,

Isn't that Jimmie Vaughan in his 51 Chev in your photo? Since I like him, and he likes old stuff, you might be on the road to Sun City, which is a Phoenix 'burb for retired coots.

Which gives me an idea. Why don't we geezers start a Guild retirement village? We could have it on Coastie's porch.

Charlie Vegas

Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Isn't that Jimmie Vaughan in his 51 Chev in your photo? ... you might be on the road to Sun City, which is a Phoenix 'burb for retired coots.
That's not Jimmie, the car's a '55 Ford T-bird, and I've got a long way to retirement.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Whoops, I did it again. I'm very close to retirement--due to senility.

I could have sworn that was a photo from some taken of him in sunglasses, with a shirt like that, in an old Chev convert, with a guitar like that one that he used on an album. Here's what my faulty memory must have been thinking of.
http://www.jimmievaughan.com/ezine/cars/50s_pg2.html
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... l%26sa%3DN

But on closer inspection, that looks like a Gretsch (probably wrong again) and the door handle does remind me of the ones in a 56 Vickie we had (don't know if the handles were the same). By the way, we had a '58-60 Tbird (the boxy one with four or six tail lights) that was special ordered from the factory with a 3-speed column--manual tranny (but enough about Cher).