New Member Hello

krussell201

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to say hey, I found the forum off a link from the Fender Forum and was glad to find some other Guild owners who love their guitars, and I promise I wont spam you! :lol:

I have a 1975 F30, and a believe a 98 JF20-12.
The f30 was given to me by my aunt who is the original owner and never learned how to play.
And I bought the JF30-12 used after I graduated from college.

I see all the Geezer posts and I hope I dont drag the median age down because Im young! But hopefully I can gain some more info about these great guitars while Im here.

Thanks
Kris

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
krussell201 said:
I see all the Geezer posts and I hope I dont drag the median age down because Im young! But hopefully I can gain some more info about these great guitars while Im here.

Thanks
Kris

Not to worry Kris, these guys will have you feeling older in no time.

Welcome, great place here.

Care to shed any more light on your guitars? That would be quite a nice gift from the Aunt there.

Graham

dklsplace

Reaction score
Welcome Kris!

As far as the geezer stuff goes...it's endearing among the fellas here, but the you could probably find a bit of a gap in average ages between acoustic & electric owners. Of course there are plenty that fall into both categories. 8)

krussell201

Reaction score
Graham said:
krussell201 said:

Thanks
Kris

Not to worry Kris, these guys will have you feeling older in no time.

Welcome, great place here.

Care to shed any more light on your guitars? That would be quite a nice gift from the Aunt there.

Graham

Yeah Ive had the F30 for about 6years, it was my first guitar, f30, in pretty damn good condition, My aunt started to learn but hated the calouses. So she ended up just putting it away in her basement for years until I wanted to buy a beater and learn on it, The storage never hurt it, its still in great shape just has some scratches and pick marks on it from me now. Has a great sound to it, not very bright, and not too low, I still havent been able to find a sound I like better from a guitar on the wall at Guitar Center. I dated the seriel number back to 75.

The JF30-12 has great "blonde" look to it, very light in color, and with a kinda flamed back. I picked it up used at a small local store, I was looking store to store for a 12, played Martins and some taylors, Takamines, and a couple others, but I found this one and I was in love it! I thought it had to be right I loved my Guild six string, another Guild in a 12... lets do it. It has the westerly tag on it too!

I also have a custom strat that I just got from the guy that made it, my first electric.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
welcome krussell, sounds like you have the potential to be a fine geezer someday!

Nice selection of acoustics, too.

Actually, as far as geezers go, I'm just an apprentice. Now, Jeff and Coastie, they've achieved "Master Geezer" status, which gives us all license to ignore half of what they say, you pick which half :D

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Welcome Krussell,

I got my first Guild from Barney Rubble. Tyranasaurus rex bone nut and saddle. Taradactyl skin case. How bout that spelling guys? Didn't know I was a paleontologist did ya? Moses was my direct descendent!

Great to have you here Krussell, just jump in there and hang on.

West

Bing k

Reaction score
Welcome,
Make sure you bring your sense of humor and your 5-buckle overshoes when you visit. It gets pretty deep around here sometimes. :wink:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome Kris,

I am mildly offended by the disrespectful to geezers references in this post. It's ungentlemanly & unnecessary.

I think you will find the combined experience & wisdom of the senior memberhip enlightening.

For instance, concerning the epidemic GAS existing on this site who else is liable to pass on such sage and wondrous advice as the following;

[img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/peb90cacf57db61e7479e522e53256d6e/eba1540d.jpg[/img] [img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p0781767927cfe62726166b4008cc852f/eba14235.jpg[/img]

[img:450:338]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid220/p832a045b4de10120b95d77cd943f8930/eba153b6.jpg[/img] Meet Madison. Madison is an expert, and absoulte genius in diagnosing & treating negative GAS reactions on the home front.

She has similar success with fellas sufering from Vetteitis, & phastboat disease.

Lady knows her stuff & can fix ya right up. :wink: Guaranteed clear thru Spring early Summer.

Oh yes, Krus, I almost forgot, I'd like to see a couple pictures of your guitars, particularly the F 30, no , both of them are interesting, Pics of both would be interesting.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Jeff is man of some perception regarding the unique relationship between GAS and Bling. :D

yettoblaster

Reaction score
Hey Howdy. Kinda new here (again) myself.

Yeah, bling.
The easy, expensive way out from a host of forgotten date doghouse banishments. :oops:

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It seems appropriate to post this bit of wisdom courtesy of Guildmark a while back.

[img:553:375]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/Guildmark/Manandthewoman.jpg[/img] Self explanatory.

Difference between men & women.

krussell201

Reaction score
Jeff said:
It seems appropriate to post this bit of wisdom courtesy of Guildmark a while back.

[img:553:375]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l189/Guildmark/Manandthewoman.jpg[/img] Self explanatory.

Difference between men & women.

thats funny,
Thankfully!!!! I not married yet, and my selfishness is probably a good reason why I'm not married because Im always thinking about what Im going to buy for myself next.... but when the time comes... I'll keep in mind the bling! or maybe I should just start looking for a good looking girl that can play!

krussell201

Reaction score
[IMG:800:600]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/krussell201/gradparty027.jpg[/img]

Here is a pic from a couple years ago when I first got the JF30-12, the f30 is on the left and JF30-12 on the right. Old camera that took bad pics, but when I get chance I'll snap some new ones and post them.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Yes it's true Krus, most of us are truly legends in our own minds. What we have to tell you will cease to amaze you.

West