VOX Valvetronix AD60VTX Amp.......

HoboKen

Reaction score
I have a VOX Valvetronix AD60VTX "Modeler" Guitar Amp.

While it's no Fender Twin tube Reverb Classic (no modler amp is), it does quite well for what I have used it for, to just mess around in the studio with many different sounds when I play rock-a-billy, & Chect Atkins stuff on the Guild DeArmond Starfire III Special, Jazz on the Epiphone Elitist Byrdland, and Les Paul and Mary Ford stuff & "other" rock on the Epiphone Elitist Less Paul Custom, and the Guild S-100.

Some say to put a "Ruby Tube" in it to get that Fender Twin tweeked sound out of it on the "Clean" Setting. Anyone have experience with doing this? Anyone have any experience with this amp or the AD120VTX?

HoboKen

doc

Reaction score
I too have the same Amp and love it. I have heard that the tube can be replaced with several other ones that will give a different sound to the amp. The tube has certain electronic characteristics that when it interacts with the rest of the amp circuitry gives the analogue sound. It is using a 12AX7 tube which use to cost in the day around $4-5 dollars and was used in many old tube TV's and shortwave radios. :idea: Basically, that tube can be replaced by a number of other brand tubes that will color the amp sound. I heard some of the tubes come from the behind the old iron curtain etc. Probably can google it. The tubes aren't all the cheap anywhere up to $50 or so dollars. I haven't tried it as I am still playing with the various sounds that I have already. :lol: