Telecaster

yettoblaster

Reaction score
The 1962 reissue is double bound on the body.
The American Deluxe Telecaster is single bound (usually the top only, except the Butterscotch Ash version, which has none).
Some Fernandes Tele's are also double bound, as are the made-in-Japan Fender versions of the 1962 reissue, and the Bigsby reissue.

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Bing,

What a rush looking at all those pictures! The room with the axes all laid out and the drums and piano ..... what a great playroom!

How come there weren't any cows in those shots, though? :?

Bing k

Reaction score
Thanks Guildmark, That's one end of the living room at the ranch.
The cows? Oh, they're to busy working to pay for all this to get their picture taken. :oops:

Reaction score
Fender has so many models out & the big stores get special factory runs of a certain color. I remember when all you had was Sunburst & Blonde Strats & the Butterscotch Tele. I used to go downtown & look in the window of one of the music stores. They were beautiful. This back in last 1950's. 8)

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
SugarMountain said:
I have alot of trouble understanding the fender models, since they are all so similar to the untrained eye

I've knocked Fender plenty for dismantling the Guild line (a wrong I really hope they're righting with the Tacoma stuff), but they are making great electrics these days and many are very reasonable.

Their base Mexican model Telecaster underwent a bit of a re-design for 2006, and they're really nice guitars for $400. I can understand the various Telecaster models appearing to be similar, but I love all the options. Fender accommodates a wide range of players by using different types of woods, electronics, necks, frets, etc.

Two current models that have the binding are here:

American Deluxe (retails between $1000 - 1500)
http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0101602731

American Vintage '62 Custom (retails probably between $700 - 1000)
http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0106200883